Recent AssaultCube rip-offs and scams...
That just looks like a modded client. No threats found with Avast! free edition. After starting the game, you can tell that they mostly use AC's resources and stuff (e.g. maps, textures, models), and the weapon models might be stolen from other games, I don't know. The engine is actually changed a fair bit though. There's shell ejection, reloading animations (although these only work for the pistol), aim down sights for all weapons, a distance meter, your character spawns with a grenade and probably more that I haven't noticed in the 5 minutes I messed around. They included dust2 (a remake that they claim to have made themselves?) in their release too, as well as funhouse and twintowers.

Inside the packages directory there's a note reading:
Quote:The files here are distributed adhering to the following licence:
"The entire AssaultCube package MAY be redistributed"
----------
It is distributed with our some of our custom content presnt.

I just think you'll need to give them direction and ask them to link to the real site. They seem like they're just trying to make a mod to me. They use a different masterserver and protocol too. They're not trying to make people think they made the original AssaultCube. I found this in the "About" section ingame: [Image: s0qKk.jpg]

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recent AssaultCube rip-offs and scams... - by StRaTo - 14 Apr 11, 10:58PM