Post a screenshot of what you are doing (modding related).
(30 Mar 11, 12:58AM)protox Wrote: Mael that looks interesting. Can you gives us more information? Does it use models or cubes to make map objects?

It is a modeling program meant for making mapmodels, not maps. Therefore it is a standard modeler but I am tailoring it specifically for AC.

Each grid line in that screenshot is equivalent to one cube in AC map space. So if you make a model that is 4x4x4 units in my program, it will be 4x4x4 cubes in AC, thereby eliminating any need for the mdlscale function(Which is already fairly useless; if you're intelligent enough to make a model, you're intelligent enough to scale it properly) and removing a certain exploit that allows you to cheat without modifying the source.

It's also an excellent C++/OpenGL learning process.

I had plans to make an external map editor just for further practice and my personal use. I'm accustomed to drawing plans on paper from the top down so AC's editor placing me inside my creation fucks with my head.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post a screenshot of what you are doing (modding related). - by Mael - 31 Mar 11, 04:13AM