Some notes concerning the course of AC
(21 Jun 10, 01:40AM)RandumKiwi Wrote:
Quote:Repeated deletion of "unwanted" or "uncomfortable" posts/threads by devs and moderators
- There have been none. If there were, they'd show in the logs and in the pool of "undo delete" posts, which is a tool that can be used.
There have been none? What about all those people complaining about it, were they lying? Also, i'd appreciate it if you could tell me why this was closed.

Quote:A general tendency to sacrifice everything to fight the cheaters (the success of which is disputable)
- .. and if people are cheating, what's the point of playing?
As a player, you can ban the cheater. If you can't, leave the server. Period. Just don't be too bothered, because that's what really takes out the fun.
I agree, though, about the non-obvious cheaters. However, as I said, the success rate is modest (although there have been some nice successes, e.g. Davitomon), and it's in fact impossible to tell for sure if someone is cheating or not.

4. Thanks for the information.

Quote:A general attitude of acting like a parody of a commercially-oriented company
No sufficient evidence for this, you're just throwing dirt around.
Well, imo you do.
"There's us, and we decide what's good for everyone else. Ah, and there's also the users, btw." (strongly exaggerated, but it slightly feels like that)
Also, the way in which cheater cases are decided reminds me of ccp's policy (We said it, we know it, period.) I did notice that Brahma asked well-known and experienced players, though.
As said, this is your project, you develop it, you are running the masterserver and so on. You [i]have[i] the right to do everything with it. I just doubt the way you're doing it (as it appears to me) is really the best.

Ah, and btw... yep, this is pure flames. Give me some time to cool off, but I guess most concerns will remain.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some notes concerning the course of AC - by tempest - 21 Jun 10, 03:05PM