[TUTORIAL]AssaultCube through Steam [WINDOWS]
Right, I wanted to run AssaultCube through Steam, and I worked out how to do it, so I thought I should put up a tutorial for anyone else wanting to. The overlay works fine, and it has the added bonus that the default keybind for the overlay makes you stay crouched in AC while in it :D
  • STEP 1 - Install this: this program and run it.
  • STEP 2 - In the program you just installed, click File-Open and open "assaultcube.bat" from the AssaultCube directory (by default "C:\Program Files\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4") and then click the build .exe icon, saving it as "AssaultCube.exe"
  • STEP 3 - Put the "AssaultCube.exe" file into your AssaultCube directory (by default "C:\Program Files\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4")
  • STEP 4 - Start up Steam and go to the "LIBRARY" tab. Click "ADD A GAME..." in the bottom left corner, and in the box that pops up, click "Add a Non-Steam Game..."
  • STEP 5 - When the menu loads, click "BROWSE...". Navigate to your AssaultCube directory (by default "C:\Program Files\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4") and select "AssaultCube.exe". Click "Open", and when the window closes, click "ADD SELECTED PROGRAMS"
  • STEP 6 - Run AssaultCube like any other Steam game.

Hope you guys find this guide useful :) I made the .exe file myself right before making this tutorial, so it won't have any viruses in it. Any suggestions, questions, somments or complaints are welcome .
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
[TUTORIAL]AssaultCube through Steam [WINDOWS] - by StRaTo - 06 Mar 11, 11:25PM