Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion
I can't add nothing here that has not been said here and there. Nades fun has gone lost (MorganKell is - often - right!), the new smg is disappointing (yesterday I saw Serdar with the shotgun, and he was the one teaching me smg two years ago), the shottie is the choice for survival in pubs (sad choice).

But there is something important that I try to say to the devs: please consider the general results! Have a panoramic view, do not concentrate only on the single values of the weapon, but notice how at the end those changes affect the general result.

Some examples: go in a crowdy pub, then do not play, just listen. What do you hear?
Or, take a demo of the same game, take off the audio, and spectate movements of random players, noobs and pro.
Or again look only at the radarmap, and look at the movements on the ground of your team.
Compare all this to what was happening in 1.03, where people were complaining about the nade spam, yes, and idiot cheaters, yes. But I have never heard that there was something wrong in the FEEL of the game... What that feel was made of?

I'll say again something I already said: we can adapt to changes, but what at the end happens in the game - as a result of the sum of the adaptations of the singles - can be unpleasant. And even if the little single changes seemed an evolution of that single detail, the lack of a general view can generate a devolution, or a chaos.

Look at this on the other side: we can study very subtle changes but if we do not consider the impact and global results of those little adjustments, then we could fail.

It is not in the exact spread of the smg. But maybe it is in how changing that value affects other aspects. If I need to jump here and there because I need to shoot in bursts with my smg and I need more time, then you'll have someone making strange movements on the map...

or if many players are forced to use the shottie, then you'll have a lot of those medieval duel with the two desperados running many times one against the other, jumping and trying to hit the enemy. Once in a game it's fun, but spending the whole game doin'it isn't.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by ketar - 16 Nov 10, 08:17AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 08 Dec 10, 12:27AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 11 Dec 10, 01:10AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 13 Dec 10, 12:59AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 15 Dec 10, 04:10AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 15 Dec 10, 08:03PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 27 Dec 10, 05:55PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 27 Dec 10, 08:54PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 02:03AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 02:41AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 04:20AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 04:28AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 04:58AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 07:50PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 09:44PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 11:50PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 29 Dec 10, 07:29PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 30 Dec 10, 10:17PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 31 Dec 10, 01:54AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 31 Dec 10, 04:01AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 31 Dec 10, 11:08PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 01 Jan 11, 01:18AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 01 Jan 11, 02:08AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by System - 12 Jan 11, 04:43PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by System - 13 Jan 11, 02:14PM