Need some help to finalize AmigaOS4 port of AssaultCube
Quote:You should first ask that developer if he is sure that vertex arrays and display lists work flawlessly.

The example of that all of this works (should works): its many ports of opengl games/apps/demos which we already have, like:
battle for wesnoth, super tux kart, tux kart, cube 1, teewords, i have no tomatoes, gish, lugaru and many others, which works fine on our opengl.

Quote:Not really, no. The engine relies heavily on said features, not only to render models, but especially to rotate and animate them.

Honestly, I don't know enough about neither OpenGL nor AC's rendering functions to be of much use.

That what i recieved for now from our opengl author:

Quote:I think that they're too quick to blame MiniGL.

Given how it fails the moment that you use any variable in that
function, I'd say that you might have bad pointers/bad objects. Do
"skin," "owner," and "owner->model" all point to valid objects? Comment
out ALL OpenGL function calls in the render function, and see what
happens. If it still crashes, then the problem lies within Assault cube.

One possible test would be to print out details of all objects that this
function is accessing to the console or using DebugPrintF. Print the
value of the pointer to the object, and then try to print out the
contents of various fields. Do this within the render function as this
is where you're having trouble.

I trying to comment all the opengl functions, inside the render(), and its not crashes => looks like still opengl problems.

Imho for now, only what we can do : its that printf the values of the pointer to objects, and then print out their content..

Did you know maybe emails of any other active AC developers, who can help me with that ? (because i do not know what values and where should be, what expected from objects, and what should be inside of the objects arrays).
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need some help to finalize AmigaOS4 port of AssaultCube - by kas1e - 14 Nov 10, 11:24AM