The Official Weapon Balance Thread!
imo, and this may be a high amount of nostalgia but:

the 0.93 weapon balance was fine (to an extent), although it needed a few minor changes.. the smg could be well argued to be overpowered, but it was one of the things that made the game more fast paced back then. imo ar should have kept its 20 ammo clip size from 0.92 :) (though, this doesnt matter anymore with 1.1)

instead of increasing recoil for the smg, a 1/2 point lower dmg per shot value should have been added.

with those that used the sniper 'quick switch bug', which of course is now fixed, they didn't take their time to aim in between rapid shots, thus it was kind of balanced. with the sniper i guess when the bug was fixed a slightly lower reload time should have been induced in keeping with the fast paced nature (and re-aligning it with a lower recoil smg and 20 clip ar)

shotgun was just fine :)

the nades were amazing back then, being slightly 'sticky' (you could make them stick to the enemies head hitbox if you aimed well). imo, now they are far too bouncy, i know this was because of the change in dropping /minframetime 5 etc. although attempts have been made to return them the magical '0.93 feeling', i guess it still isnt right :p

although no one really cares about any of this, its just a pointless rant seeing as any reversion to all of these changes would be seen as 'too big of a leap' and that fact that some of them have been fulfilled. these are just my two, slightly fruitless cents.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Weapon Balance Thread! - by Harps - 30 Jun 10, 05:49PM