The Official Weapon Balance Thread!
- I love the SMG, because its damage rating is the highest of all weapons (200 hit points per second!). I take it as an engaging challenge that 1.1 will see it toned down.

- As a backup weapon I love the 1.0.4 pistol and am glad to see its precision nudged up a bit in the 1.1 SVN.

- The sniper rifle is great for long-range backup and base guarding. I'm sad to see it used like a shotgun in tight corners like in mines (XD). If I were more confident in my aim (or if the sniper had a crosshair -- see carbine comments below), I'd be a sniper for sure.

- The shotgun can be frustrating when I get hit with close-range one-hit frags, but I've always had the philosophy of adapting to existing conditions, and have found it moderately easy to dodge. I'm glad to see motivation in 1.1 SVN given to use it at longer ranges. I've never gotten the hang of the shotgun though. I have to ask you shotgunners, what mouse sensitivity do you use?

- The 1.0.4 Assault Rifle is useless except in the gemas made just for it. I found the 1.1 SVN Assault Rifle to be on par with the SMG, so I'm very grateful for the improvements.

- The 1.1 carbine is incredibly powerful, powerful enough to convince this die-hard SMG spammer to make it my weapon of choice for the evening when I tried playing 1.1 pubs. I wouldn't have picked it, but two-shot kills and such a low shot-recycle-time were just too tempting. Thankfully it's still in the development phase so the devs can nerf it down (or beef up the other weapons to catch up to it!).

+1 to KN!F3, especially regarding nades' gib/frag count.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Weapon Balance Thread! - by V-Man - 30 Jun 10, 03:30PM
RE: The Official Weapon Balance Thread! - by Harps - 30 Jun 10, 05:49PM