The Official Weapon Balance Thread!
I don't want the knife to be too powerful or else my signature weapon would be too common ;P

I agree that it should break armor though. With the new helmets and more armor around the maps, 2 slashes should always kill or else it's a complete waste of time and will get you shredded down by a gun.

SMG recoil should be a bit spontaneous-- a little recoil left and right should hurt would it? Make first 3-5 bullets accurate and then the recoil kicks in to promote bursts. They already have something like this in SVN, but I suggest a little side kick.

Gib count- Headshot-2 Knife-2 Nade-1
This gives people who train and use skill to perform gibs 2 points instead of the 1 that could be given from spamming.
Works well

Assault Rifle- The reason smgs are extremely powerful and seem to be overused is lag. That's right. I said it. Lag. If someone just sprays bullets in someone's direction and the other person hides, the server and player lag will make those bullets still hit even after the target has ducked away. The reason is the firing speed of the smg outlags the speed of an ar and in comparison, the ar doesn't seem to kill as fast even though its only miliseconds of difference. This should be compensated for as assault rifle bullets are slower and dont "lag damage" as well after enemies have ran the corner.

Thanks for reading my thoughts,
Peace, KN!F3
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Weapon Balance Thread! - by KN!F3 - 29 Jun 10, 06:59PM
RE: The Official Weapon Balance Thread! - by Harps - 30 Jun 10, 05:49PM