Question to NextGen Maps/Models
Thanks,

Im not trying to be discourage, im a person who looks at facts. Also im the one spending my time at creating something and nothing good happens without a debate, thats a difference.

To the Map Models and my vision, its pretty much focusing on creating graphics like Modern Warfare for low end systems, the shader loads which coming with the new games, they even create shaders for darkening these days...whats Gamma for? Or just manuelly do it with Textures. Ray-Tracing and all that useless stuff. Its like game companys do it for hardware vendors like Nvidia/AMD to sell their "newest" graphic card which wouldnt be needed if games wouldnt be stuffed with unnecessary sh*t. Its pionier thinking not just for now, for our and the future of the next generations. Look at the system requirements for Modern Warfare, you need a good PC for that and those running at power levels far away from intelligent or smart.

How i wanna archive this? Well i use real 3D scans of objects which im converting to fit assault cube, cant get more real in 2020. )Normaly those objects come around with 100 up to million verticles, that wouldnt be possible even due the md3 format + the performance impact). The first picture i posted was to show verticle count in combination with Anti Aliasing and shadows, add up 200 Mhz to this graphic core and it would have been 30 fps. Deactivate AA and Shadows and its over 100 fps with a GPU running at 8 watt. That shows how much room there is since you can easily vert a object 1/10 in count. With that said i can stack up the Map with about 1 Million verts in view angle (degree depends on fov) and beeing above 60 fps. Take that times 4x thats around the size you will get to see the full Map, which makes 4 Million verts placed on a Map by having a fps staying around 60. Activate AA/Shadows and it will be around 30. Power? Well lets just assume 300 Watt for a average modern PC dunno how much when gaming but compared to the 10 Watt it will take me for 30 fps AA/Shadows enabled. And probably just 6-7 Watt without at 4 Mill verts. There is no way you could say that the Cube engine has problems with alot verts.

How i want it to look...depends not really a Map designer thats why more people have to try otherwise it stays at 1 Map...since this is alot of work. First Map will be a desert type map...will see have to create alot of things first to add more to the scene.
picture is just a start with AA enabled dont forget that! the other sides of the map with objects placed aren´t within the view angle therefore no fps drop.
[Image: Q3YA9oj.jpg]

experience? well ive hacked in past, created mods for games, create models etc, tried to create a FPS multiplayer shooter with gdscript in GodotEngine etc....which doesnt really work out since ive no time for coding and its problems. And Godot doesnt support anything below OpenGL 2.0 while cube runs on 1.1
And AssaultCube has a cool gameplay...why wasting months in copying that which also wouldnt come close to the fps without reducing the renderscale. And a "blurry" game isnt really good graphics.

Edit:
Whats needed are basicly a few people which could take away parts, like character animation,guns, skymaps etc. anything helps or even sharing sources like https://hdrihaven.com/
I just fucked up a character model, texture is off...will stop for today
[Image: i0cZ1kQ.jpg]

Piece
Thanks given by: (aCKa)Deathstar

Messages In This Thread
Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 02:19AM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by Marti - 23 Nov 20, 02:13PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 05:03PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 05:38PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 08:31PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 26 Nov 20, 06:48PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 29 Nov 20, 07:28PM