Poll: Are you agree with banning poor maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
18.18%
2 18.18%
No
81.82%
9 81.82%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Are you agree with banning poor maps?
(17 Oct 17, 06:14PM)mhsaleh Wrote: ...i think there should be no camper map(although twin towers maps are somehow poor but good for snipe train) and there should not be Syria maps, crap maps with huge places for camp and just u have to use rifle run to escape, no real assault...

While I agree with the general idea of not having these types of maps in the maprot, I do not agree with fully outright banning a map, especially since there is no set defined list of attributes that makes a map "poor" or "crap". The idea of regulating maps hasn't exactly been a new thing either with that being said in mind. This is just my opinion though (and I'm sure quite a few may or maynot like my thought on this matter).

So, really two things need to happen:

A. Veteran mappers, and devs TOGETHER should come brainstorm, discuss, and post an agreed upon list of details that make a map "crap" or "poor", in detail. A great starting point would be to look at ac_elevation, and compare it to some maps. I forget who said it, but ac_elevation is the skeleton key to assaultcube's future (or something like that).

B. Server owners (that aren't already doing this) need to disable map uploads (exception: mapping servers) to either admins only, or themselves, and only add maps they deem good. I am not the first person to say this, nor will I be the last to suggest it. I myself am tired of a server rotating to something horrendous (in my eyes). Sure, there's always the argument of "go play on another server", but there's the point that could also be made as a counter argument; "make a private server" for these types of maps, give out connect, and let players that wish to play those maps, do so.

Once again, this is just my personal opinion on the matter, and to recap what I said

TL;DR
Thank you for your time (even if you only glanced over this post).

~Keettu

P.S. Maps like doom, ctf_douze, or any modification of official ac maps are ILLEGAL, and are the real scum of the mapping world.
P.S. 2: I voted no
Thanks given by: mhsaleh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you agree with banning poor maps? - by D3M0NW0LF - 18 Oct 17, 03:19AM
Ugh, That is a guideline. - by Masterhit - 12 Feb 18, 08:59PM