If you could nominate a player for the dev team, who would it be?
mapping developers aren't responsible for creating new maps; that responsibility lies on the community. what a mapping developer should be able to do is a) curate(is that the right word?) maps b) fix bugs/glitches on maps c) improve on current maps (as has been done by mapping developers in almost every other multiplayer game except AC). the ability to make maps pretty has almost zero relevance outside of the necessary technical skill required to be a mapping developer. RK is currently fulfilling none of these duties, so why not allow someone else to do his job (and as much as that replacement is 6 years late, its better to make the change now than never).

if anyone is worried about section c), both me and zero have the competency to put any changed maps to the community for feedback. from this feedback we can decide whether to incorporate the changes, amend the changes, or reject some or all of the changes completely. yes, that includes the changes i want to make to depot (the first change i submitted took 30 seconds and was experimental; it turns out making depot that short modifies the core gameplay too much (big surprise there). the problem appears to lie with the bases more than anything.
Thanks given by: DogDancing , Orynge , Oracle , sukablya , |HP| , HoeHunter , Z3R0

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could nominate a player for the dev team, who would it be? - by Undead - 07 Aug 15, 07:21AM