Sad to see the decline in the playerbase
(31 May 15, 04:26AM)Undead Wrote:
(31 May 15, 02:49AM)Orynge Wrote: DamDam, the devs didn't singlehandedly kill AC.
its called death through inaction.
Yep
The game needed a swing and actions to be taken when, like you said, other games with better graphics were being a competition to AC's playerbase. AC always had that special thing, that would make people stay, the gameplay, maps, community etc..
Even back when I found out about the game (about 4-5 years ago), there was a lot of F2P that were concurrents to AC (Crossfire, Sauerbraten, Wolfeinstein, Urban Terror.. to name a few). In fact I remember those because I downloaded a bunch of free FPS games to play, and AssaultCube is the one I ended up prefering and sticking to.

The abyssmal inactive gap from 1.1 to 1.2, without any patch, change or new version combined with the refusal to most help or participation from the community, is what made a lot of dedicated players quit, also what made newer players not stay. But then again, at that time, the development team was in lead of the project and thought they knew what they were doing despite tons of warnings and remarks by the community as a whole.
Well few years later, look at the results. No playerbase, barely any competitive games, unhappy dedicated players, and now that the boat has been sinking, the whole development team is magically gone and has disappeared "because the community is too hard to handle".

It's too easy to be in charge of something, pretend you know what you're doing and leave when you've fucked up everything, refusing to acknowledge you've fucked up. Because, yes, I repeat, the devs fucked up with their development of this game.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad to see the decline in the playerbase - by DamDam - 31 May 15, 02:10PM