Sad to see the decline in the playerbase
(29 May 15, 11:28AM)Luc@s Wrote: we should focus on attracting new players rather than keeping the few we have.
I think AC has the potential; it might be old, but some other games are way worse and yet have a lot more players.
And looking at the playerbase numbers over the past few years, you think the leading development team have successed in that matter? Obviously not.
Just like someone said in another thread :
Quote:tbh its time for you and the full dev team to admit you killed AC by trying to impose to the many your vision of the game. You killed gema, you killed modded servers, you killed crappy self made maps that were motivating people and their friends to stick with the game

I don't know how you personally started to play the game, but I know that I, along with most players who stick to AC originally started on goofy maps, playing TOSOK Twintowers, LSS brazil ejezemville (or whatever you call it), and we had fun.
That's the reason why we sticked to the game, then later on, we eventually found out about other different maps and about the more competitive side of AC playing CTF etc..

If you cut the fun, custom, LSS/TOSOK side of AC, you cut the roots out of a tree, because this is where the new playerbase is at. It's about time you realise that it's not what's killing AC, it's what has been keeping AC alive for all this time.
Whether those maps are ugly, against AC's "original gameplay" or anti-fun according to you does not matter. It just does not matter at all, because they're not made for you. If you don't want to play it, then just don't. Stick to the official masterserver side of AC, and let the other players have fun, they're the one we should be focusing on.

That's why people call devs selfish, because some want to model the game into their own vision of it, which obviously has not been working for 4 bloody years. And yet, they still refuse to give another try, and a different way to play, which include GEMA, no restrictions, and custom goofy maps.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad to see the decline in the playerbase - by DamDam - 31 May 15, 02:31AM