What would you actually like to see in AC?
(28 May 15, 06:16AM)Undead Wrote: no lucas, the obstacle is never the community. we both know what you were really trying to do with the match client, hence why everyone was ambivalent to it. i wouldn't have such a problem if you were incorporating those features into AC in a non-partisan way.
What does "in a nonpartisan way" mean ? Since only a very little amount of people (3) actually involved themselves in the project, it might look partisan; not because we want to remain a close group ; but realistically, in the game current state, you can't hope to get many more dedicated, competent people
i've been accused to be partial, because i made a change that enforces a set of maps for competitive matches. While its obviously needed, if you want to make this game more competitive.
If i felt i had been allowed to make those changes in AC's official repository as much as i want, i would have done it. But my views, i'm afraid, aren't shared with most current "developers" (well basically only mods and MIA 'project leaders' are still here).
So, the only option left i had, was to work on an alternative, because when you are starting an ambitious project (ambitious in comparison to what has been done so far..), freedom is crucial.
Regarding dev CV/applications: i would like to say that one of the best way to apply is to submit patches. Larry never sent a patch to me.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you actually like to see in AC? - by Luc@s - 28 May 15, 11:19AM