Who's up for a mapping competition?
(10 Jan 15, 12:10AM)MPx Wrote: in my map, the first floor is the 3rd floor from the map template. There's no issues to swap the floors, right? or they must be on the same place?
Feel free to change any aspect of the template, but the original pathways must remain in their places. Keep in mind that the solid walls in the template are there to keep WQD down.

(10 Jan 15, 01:00PM)RKTnoob Wrote: I'm not sure about how much freedom we are allowed, but I'd be glad if I can change the elevator shaft slightly, as I'm having trouble because it's pretty cramped and doesn't traverse easily in some directions.
The rules are fairly straight-forward: Feel free to change any aspect of the template, but the original pathways must remain in their places.

So yes, you can change the elevator shaft slightly. Anyone arguing about it being a death trap: this is only supposed to be one way of traversing the map, you need to create the others (also, feel free to change the shaft to your liking, so long as the pathways to the shaft remain the same).

(10 Jan 15, 01:00PM)RKTnoob Wrote: I also wanted to ask about the elevator itself, it seems to me that one face is missing, it's the one on the inside, with the mesh door. Does anybody have a fix for this?
No, but for now pretend its there. If required, updates to the mapmodel can be made later.

Pi_Halo Wrote:Alright, a few questions
Can i open the back wall behind the elevator? it won't be a playable area, i just need to do so in order to go the theme i want to
Can any of the paths in be slightly changed, either direction they open up or the length of them?
Does it have to be a map that fits say something like ctf or can it be tdm or even ffa?
Is there going to be any extension on time for people who want to produce it as a full map or do we still have to follow the time line? (cause a few weeks isn't that much for the working people who have a job and want to do the map completely instead of just a layout)
 - Yes, of course you can open the elevators back wall. I encourage it.

- See above, re: pathways. I'm happy to allow you to shorten their length if required, so long as the pathway feels in a similar route as before.

- Pick any mode.

- Again, the deadline is there because it's just a layout. You can always produce a full map later. Is everyone happy with the deadline of 31/01?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's up for a mapping competition? - by RandumKiwi - 10 Jan 15, 07:02PM