AssaultCube sounds android app permission
(25 Dec 14, 05:26AM)Undead Wrote: if you wanted to use my (unique) works in another game, you would just have to assume that the devs hold the copyright to those maps, which isn't true.

Since you haven't signed off on anything and have not transferred the copyright, only you hold the copyright. Unless they have modified the map with your permission, then the person, who modified the map (haven't signed off anything either), and you hold the copyright together, since it's indiscernible who did what.

This is actually true for the source code, as well. In the effort to move to LGPL, VLC had to rewrite code of someone who refused to answer them[1].

Circling back, Rabid Viper holds the copyright on the collection of files/package, not each file. Those are copyrighted by their respective authors, or are in public domain.

I'm obviously not an expert in this, and my grey area is if i can legally change map configs. They're not maps, but they usually have authors' licensing header and are part of a package. But then the header says "this map" is licensed under whatever license. :/
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: AssaultCube sounds android app permission - by SKB - 25 Dec 14, 11:46AM
RE: AssaultCube sounds android app permission - by vendorstore - 03 Jan 15, 02:08PM
RE: AssaultCube sounds android app permission - by RaverZ - 17 Aug 15, 01:04PM