Poll: Would care if the AC community eventually stopped existing
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No. I'm ready to move on.
12.82%
5 12.82%
Yes but there's nothing really to do about it.
25.64%
10 25.64%
Yes, and something should be done to ensure that the community stays alive.
61.54%
24 61.54%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

My Thoughts. Would like input.
Robtics made some very valid points. In such a low-population game like Assaultcube, it can be very hard for newbies to get into the competitive scene, and perhaps a bit intimidating. They don't know where to start, and most of them aren't even acquainted with competitive players like myself. I just started playing this game again last two months ago, but my actual date of birth is somewhere three years ago. I think that I got interested in the pubbie scene last year. I wanted to experiment with the players you see from pubs. It took me quite a while to find someone capable of communication, but when I asked them if they wanted to learn, they pretty much agreed instantly. I taught them how to follow players, and the password for match servers. There I taught them the basics of competition, and the essential technical know-hows that are often unheeded. I believe that I've had this session over 5 times, and one of my first five also happens to be the creator of our clan. Hipster, GoW.

Basing upon my experiences, the guys you often see in inters are most likely experienced players that have played this game for at least two years. Unless you have a show-off attitude like myself, then it's not often that they would be infuriated at your poor performances. Can pubbies match these people? They definitely can, but it's a slow, gradual development that requires some slight of discipline.

The worst cases are the pubbies that haven't even played Counter Strike, knowing only the existence of Assaultcube. Many know that Counter Strike is a highly competitive game, and it also happens to be great fun for casuals as well. CS was the first FPS and computer game that I've ever played, and I loved it; dishing out at least 200 hours on LAN bots alone. (I actually never played online). Then I got bored and found Assaultcube, which I also got bored of. Then I happened to stumble upon the site called Kongregate, where you could find plently of browser-based FPSes. It continued from there. This was my adventure in 2011. I started using computers 5 years ago... I believe.

Where do they think should they begin? You can try to follow the thought processes of a newbie, and one of the most popular self-suggestions is to engage in clan activity.

All in all, I'd like to contribute to this cause by creating my own thread in the form of a tutorial for competitive play. That brings several more questions into the equation, but the most troublesome matter is whether or not the pubbies actually read the forums at all. I should try to interact with those guys more.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
My Thoughts. Would like input. - by MerCyKiL - 30 Nov 14, 06:06AM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Marti - 30 Nov 14, 02:56PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Honor - 30 Nov 14, 06:10PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Flint - 01 Dec 14, 05:06AM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Undead - 21 Dec 14, 09:58AM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Andrez - 30 Nov 14, 10:57PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by stef - 01 Dec 14, 03:19PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by 1Cap - 01 Dec 14, 04:38PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Cemer - 02 Dec 14, 06:16AM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Marti - 01 Dec 14, 04:39PM