Poll: Would care if the AC community eventually stopped existing
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No. I'm ready to move on.
12.82%
5 12.82%
Yes but there's nothing really to do about it.
25.64%
10 25.64%
Yes, and something should be done to ensure that the community stays alive.
61.54%
24 61.54%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

My Thoughts. Would like input.
The matter regarding Assaultcube's popularity in these modern times can be interpreted in many ways, but obviously there are several factors aside from visual quality that can't be disregarded if we are to consider the actual significance of the subject. Perhaps if I wasn't confined in these conditions where I have to play with 30 fps and repulsive pings, my main game would not be Assaultcube. But there are other audiences that have different perceptions of the ideal game. Mostly misled, but it's not like they're entirely mindless. The newborns get to play with their modern toys, and their beliefs are shaped as they immerse themselves in the modern playgrounds. As they are placed in foreign environments, feelings of conflict and confusion emerge. This is inevitable. Whether or not they remain depends on the encouragement factor. Babies need parents to comfort them, to lead them in times of distress. To provide them education, so that they will not remain entirely helpless. It's hard for a modern kiddie to immerse himself into the workings of Assaultcube, but when have we been such solitary creatures? We'll learn from others, simply. So there's the community.

We should all try to encourage our newborns to keep going. How so? That's a very difficult matter. For starters, give them advice so that they won't be entirely helpless in the battlefields. Make them strong enough to be able to cope in the pubs. Make them see that there are things aside from eye-candy. You know, actual fun derived from actual gameplay. This can be quite hard. Sometimes you want to give up. Sometimes these trials instead seem like timeless, pointless obstacles to surpass. But now you've placed yourself on their positions. This is how it is for them.

In a game like Assaultcube, perhaps it is truly fun only when you reside in the community, and do community stuff and all. It would be quite nice if pubbies started posting in the forums. Maybe, tell the developers how it is for them. Their adventures in Camper and Twintowers and the like. That's how the community will start being alive. Then it will seem to people that this game is alive and is worth playing. All in all, a multiplayer game is still much like a social hotspot. If no one's there, then no one ever will. Crappy games get played this way. Call of Duty, the most notable example.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
My Thoughts. Would like input. - by MerCyKiL - 30 Nov 14, 06:06AM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by G1gantuan - 30 Nov 14, 02:17PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Marti - 30 Nov 14, 02:56PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Honor - 30 Nov 14, 06:10PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Flint - 01 Dec 14, 05:06AM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Undead - 21 Dec 14, 09:58AM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Andrez - 30 Nov 14, 10:57PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by stef - 01 Dec 14, 03:19PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by 1Cap - 01 Dec 14, 04:38PM
RE: My Thoughts. Would like input. - by Cemer - 02 Dec 14, 06:16AM