AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations
(19 Oct 14, 07:33PM)stef Wrote: Except from damnation, all those are synthetic 100% symmetric maps that favour camping over actually playing. Most of them are fine regen capture maps, though.

sorry what? am i reading this correctly

- you're wrong, damnation is symmetrical (feel free to go and inspect it and then come back to me)
- you're wrong #2, forgotten isn't symmetrical (feel free to go and inspect it and then come back to me)
- nobody ever plays any of those maps in regen capture. i've seen forge on the maprot for an ogros server in regen once but that's the only exception and that doesn't mean it's a commonly played mode at all [EDIT: except your "exception", damnation, which is usually only played in public regen games + 4v4 ctf]
- also camping never works in any game mode, except in insta ctf if you're trying to hold a lead. it's actually incredibly detrimental in ectf (the mode most people play in mixed games/cw's/tournaments) and even moreso in regular ctf, where pickup/map control is pretty much the basis of the entire mode

This leads me to my point: what experience are you basing this on? you're only correct about common pub maps that are being played, which leads me to believe that pubs are all you've played in sauer.
In public games, only one or two modes (ictf + sometimes regen cap) are played and only a select few maps (the ones you named + some others such as forge/arbana/wdcd/campo) are played. Additionally, I can probably name about four high level sauer players out of the 30-odd floating around the game that play pubs frequently. So naturally I would question your understanding of sauer and the legitimacy of the comparisons you're trying to make, given that limiting yourself to pubs only means that you're missing out on so much of the game.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: AC 1.3 or AC 2, Your Expectations and Estimations - by Vanquish - 19 Oct 14, 08:04PM