Stop timer in match mode
Seems like a great idea, but the reality is that it is just more confusion and delay, imho...
If someone isn't gonna come back for 5 mins why should everyone have to stand around waiting to play?
A 'pause' function is a neat idea, but I think the timing of the pausing and affected entities are huge factors to reconcile, especially with regards to inters, where everyone's etiquette and understanding of the gameplay mechanics can be quite different from one another...
But I still think this kind of stuff is cart before the horse...
Especially with things like a match "flag" that players can set when they need another for an inter that would show up in the masterserver list... Or other matchmaking ideas...

For the specific purpose though, I could see the "pause" occuring upon the disconnect of the minimum required players for the match as it is set...
So if there are six active players in a server, ignore spect, and if the active number changes from an equal and even amount, then pause the game.
So if you have a 3v3 - If a player disconnects from Active, the game will automatically pause - It will continue when either another player joins the active status or another player drops from active status... i.e. A player spectating and continuing 2v2, or likewise - a player joining active from Spect and continuing in 3v3...

My underlying feeling is that I don't feel like players should have to wait around anyway...
If you have to wait five minutes for someone to come back, you should just get someone else...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Stop timer in match mode - by Mousikos - 26 Jul 14, 04:59PM
RE: Stop timer in match mode - by *H1TM4N* - 26 Jul 14, 05:09PM
RE: Stop timer in match mode - by X-Ray_Dog - 26 Jul 14, 05:36PM
RE: Stop timer in match mode - by ExodusS - 26 Jul 14, 05:36PM
RE: Stop timer in match mode - by 1Cap - 26 Jul 14, 07:10PM
RE: Stop timer in match mode - by *H1TM4N* - 26 Jul 14, 07:35PM
RE: Stop timer in match mode - by stef - 26 Jul 14, 08:15PM
RE: Stop timer in match mode - by Mousikos - 27 Jul 14, 12:55AM
RE: Stop timer in match mode - by Skinny-Dog - 27 Jul 14, 06:55PM
RE: Stop timer in match mode - by MPx - 27 Jul 14, 07:19PM