AC on the Raspberry PI
I've been trying to figure out if it would be possible to get Assault Cube to run on a Raspberry PI recently, and while I'm certain its technically possible I'm not sure about a couple of factors that would determine how easy it would be, so I decided to ask for some help here.

First off, I haven't been able to find a version of AC for anything other than x86 architecture, but AC uses the Cube engine, and Cube has been ported to an absurdly huge variety of systems, everything from Ipods to the Wii. So, my first question:

How... 'separate' are AC and the Cube engine it uses? Is the difference between Cube and AC basically a few changed config files, a few different maps, and some new weapon models? Or is it more complicated than that?

Secondly, this I'm also not sure about, I've read that some of AC's assets are "non-free". Does this mean I can't distribute them? Ideally if I/someone else got AC to work on the PI, it'd be put up on the PI Store(for free) so that its easy for people to get and play it. Would the "non-free" assets make this impossible?

And finally, how large are the differences between the versions of the Cube engine for different operating systems? The most popular OS for the PI is Raspbian, which is based off of Linux. But as far as I can tell, Cube has never been ported to Android, which is extremely similar and based off of Linux, and is ideally the version you'd want to use when creating a port for the PI. Using the x86 Linux version means that it'd have to be ported to OpenGL ES, so it'd be easier to start with a version that is already running on GL ES and work from there.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
AC on the Raspberry PI - by buggy - 16 Jul 14, 04:25AM
RE: AC on the Raspberry PI - by stef - 16 Jul 14, 01:57PM
RE: AC on the Raspberry PI - by buggy - 16 Jul 14, 08:37PM
RE: AC on the Raspberry PI - by grinch_k2 - 20 Jul 14, 12:30PM