Can't use Servers in ubuntu 14.04 LTS
(01 Jul 14, 06:11AM)1Cap Wrote: Hello
Give up Ubuntu. Believe me, Canonical will not get far ...
Returning to the topic ...

Do not use the automatic download of ubuntu. (programs center). This will bring you the old version of the game.

Go to the game page and download the files for linux.
Its oficial.. dont worry - download here
The files come compressed. Unzip them to an easy place to find.
Well, there is now a "readme" file. read it.
You must have permission to execute the "sh".
SH ? what is it? - help

You will run this file from the command line, maybe. Or you can open the terminal and drag this file to the terminal and it will run.

First things first ... Try these steps .. if that does not work come back here and describe ...
That's the same link I'm using to get the package what are you talking about?
(01 Jul 14, 09:00AM)stef Wrote: Simply do, what the first answer in this thread told you to do:

Do NOT use the version from the debian (or ubuntu) repository. That is version 1.1.0.4 and its masterserver has gone down last year. It will not start working again - you can stop trying.

Instead, use the download link at the to of this page to download the current version: 1.2.0.2

Stop wasting everyone's time.
I did and I bet some of the files in the package including the game file itself wasn't updated that's why every time I remove and reinstall the game and type in /version in the command line I'm always seeing 1104.
(02 Jul 14, 02:08PM)MPx Wrote: ok, to remove the previous version:
go to the center software and unistall it from there. Then go to your home folder and click on the menu bar Show/Show hidden files [or something like that, sorry I'm from Argentina and my OS is in Spanish] OK, once your hidden files are showing, search for the folder called .assaultcube_v1.0.4 and deleted or rename it if you want. Then Install the newest version of the game.
I removed the game and reinstalled it but to no avail be keeps on saying 1104. Maybe the Linux/Ubuntu package wasn't updated yet? Also I noticed that every time I installed the game before the installation it said that there were 4 new, 0 updated, 7 not upgraded in the terminal maybe that has something to do with.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't use Servers in ubuntu 14.04 LTS - by Metahunter69 - 03 Jul 14, 02:27AM