About AC development (part 2)...
1: what do you think about that? did AC lose some of it's speed due to those changes? should nade pickups be in pairs again, should nade carry capability be "2" again, should armour be single-strength again?

- I don't find the game pace to suffer greatly because of the changes. It is still extremely fast paced. I personally like nades how they are now, a single nade makes map awareness a little more interesting and adds to the general gameplay. Armour as it is.. that's a tough call, I am going to say I like it even if it does have draw backs like people waiting around a bit. I don't see it as a major problem because mostly people just have a system where they can acquire at least some armor on the way to attack or when falling back. If you master the timing of armor you end up with a lot of it most of the time.

2. do you take the time after respawn to fill up nades and armour?

Nades no, I usually bump into enough of them along the way. With armor I try to have at the very least 50 before heading actually into the enemy base - there are times I must sacrifice this preference but for the most part I can still engage the middle of the map and be of help while accumulating my desired amounts of armour

3. what do you think about the frag reduction of nade kills from "2" in 1.0 to "1" now?

Absolutely necessary. It severely cut the usage of nades, which is bad, but the alternative was being highly rewarded for spamming nades into an enemy spawn.

4. are helmets of any use or are they just pacman fodder?

I view helmets as armor repair kits, they seem to litter most maps so they are an easy away to get your armour back up while retreating or maneuvering somewhere else.

5. what do you think about trickjumping?

I do think it has a place in the game. I'm by no means an expert at it, but there are some maneuvers I can pull off on certain maps which to me have high strategic value.

6. what's your favourite weapon? did you consider the nade to be a possible primary weapon in 1.0?

7. do you use cubescript to customise your client? do you write the scripts yourself, or do you get them from someone else?

No.

8. should servers provide a diversity of maps and modes - or do you prefer single-mode servers?

I prefer diversity, but I think it should be up to the server owner.

9. what do you think about gema servers and servers running camper 24/7?

I hate them and I think they are pointless, but they are active so even if they seem to cater to a subcatagory of AC players I think they should stay. I do think they should be treated as separate entities from the core game though.

10. a more technical question: would you care, if servers could only be hosted on linux machines?

Personally it wouldn't bother me, but I do think it is unfair for those who do not have that ability.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
About AC development (part 2)... - by stef - 09 May 14, 05:34PM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by MPx - 10 May 14, 02:19AM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by XFA - 10 May 14, 05:19AM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by stef - 10 May 14, 09:42AM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by Woolly - 10 May 14, 06:42PM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by Jg99 - 11 May 14, 06:16AM
RE: About AC development (part 2)... - by jamz - 12 May 14, 07:56PM