About AC (game & community) development...
from anonymous:

1. Around ends of 2009/ beginning 2010, ctf ac_elevation/mines, Battlefield series.

2. I prefer to play pubs nowadays, even though I'd prefer clan matching for the sake of an organized style of play, reason is I lost the feel and patience towards the learning curve over the weapons, which has been through some changes in later versions with negative output as you would expect if the weapon balance didn't commit it's purpose.

I'm not one or the other, just casual forum user, barely play even. I never cared so much of ratio as the meaning of personal achievement or superiority, but just as a benchmark towards my performance in favor of what I (was) expected to do in game, which has dropped significantly, but has changed my style of looking things strategy wise. I could add some thought and positive feedback out of this, but just gonna keep it short as need to keep the answers more accurate.

3.Mostly on forum for me nowadays, but its because I dropped any connection to my ex clan partners. But generally inside game there's no real feeling of community, it's more of a playground and quite the opposite of what I tend to watch over the forums, if I had to guess what to see, is rational or friendly players, but I couldn't be more wrong. Sadly seems like the lack of organization in public games and tendency to play private matches with few decent players for the lone "competition value" mostly leads to this outcome, I can't blame no one really for this, but had the need to point it out to give some sense of what it feels like AC for me when I look at it: opinionated people+community+clan forums+IRC,TS. Without this it feels like 80% of the game is missing. Even with all the content provided appearing every now and then.

4.Generally forums provide quite good feedback when its needed. As for problems, maybe some unexpected in game bug or software specific problem. I haven't found myself in the need to get to another options though, as I haven't find many troubles that forum can't help me with.

5.Need to be less permissive with the people forcing some obnoxious conduct on it, I have a laugh time to time, but seeing it spread like a virus as it's completely normal looks a tad wrong, warning points seems as a way to hold up over the bullshit sometimes its leaked when taking severe actions towards some users that need to be removed get an even worse response from other forum users, I could dare to say why but it may be a wrong focus to point it out.

For me, needs to be more grateful and at the same time show some care has been given for that appreciation, in other words, devs need to be conscious a community is lurking around this game everyday and even if had some struggle to get his work done, not hold it against the upset players or the trolling users as if it was the entire population of AC, I personally feel uncomfortable participating when there's tension going on or no interest to receive feedback, that's my impression from them, could be all the opposite, however, that's what it looks like imo.

6.Ironically, the community, it's the source of what keep AC in a certain state or time frame for me, even when I am totally outdated of what's going on, it lights me up a bit to see what's new with the players and the events on it, even when I have no intention to participate on any of them, it brings life both game and players.

7. Shit talking, ungrateful people, exclusionary people both community and player wise. In game, repetitive maprots, lazy admins, team shuffling without any reason, not much really. Would like to hear loud and clear from devs where the game is heading to, or what they expect from AC to the future, or if we (players/community) are involved in taking part of some of the final decisions or can bend them before they become real and create some havoc. And needs to be more user friendly when it comes to testing, I used to have time for SVN but never found servers or people to play with, even if there's someone to blame, no need to do so, ease things up, chill a bit, and not give the idea that being clueless or unknown/new turns you into an useless person towards the improvement of AC.

8.Both, and as for graphic cards, both built in from my laptop and pc. The average is quite solid on 1024x768 with a consistent 180-200 fps. I generally use lowest settings for the sake of performance, but always been prone to let the graphics on medium for textures, for personal taste. I use colored vest and sometimes partially colored, as for competition wise, more than once I decided to put the quality to the lowest edge, it has no meaningful impact as I can remember, except for one of those texture/skins/pick up mods that seemed to add much of a competitive aspect (in a bad way for some) to the players who were looking for some "pro" set up on their package.

9. Headphones, anything that I have honestly will be for me to use, even when I was into the competition aspect of the game, never really upgraded any of my gaming set up, just the mouse and just for using the right click that my previous mouse didn't have.

10. That's a question should be asked by themselves in a way, I honestly feel as giving as much feedback as I could, this won't really add anything relevant if there's not a proportional ground to it, I have seen lot of ideas from some players, some are way, way out of what we generally expect from AC, still, I'd like to see a solid base (and dated) from devs and a ground to discuss on, this just cuts fiction from reality to where we may or not want to be, but still, I find it much better than having a lone side of the playing scene looking for their weapon balance for the (re)construction of a portion of the game but not please some that are not focused or interested on it. That means looking into the modding community too, the map makers, more leading towards the improvement of that aspect and achieving some consensus towards the mapping restrictions, opening some ground, I see sparks time to time when it comes to this topic, even if is not pleasing it could be closed with a poll or a survey like this even. I am a bit off to think on what could be added to the later, but in short, more attention to the community modders, even with Akimbo or the like, it needs more space and credit for its existence.

11. A customization tool for mods. It could be added as a label of "customized server" when applied on a server at the server list. Basically would allow anyone using it the possibility to customize the game settings, such as time limit, hp, weapon damage, ammo number, weapons included, excluded. At first sounds quite messy but if given the proper amount of effort it could give live to some of the game modes that have been appearing lately, but giving it a real and existent place for everyone to use and standardizing it so the rules are set previously to achieve a competent place for people to mod (and test possible weapon balance) at, this supported by the dev team, without obscure modifications given to a handful of players. I am not fond of the skills to be able to change game values but as a feature I would add, just had to put some fantasy on it.

12. Team shuffling by server. Has no real purpose and can be really annoying at times. It should be easier to add the possibility to team change voluntarily if you meet the conditions to be moved to another team, say x team has 20/50 k/d and z 50/20, if a player from team z wants to move to team x and has a better score than any of the average of the opponent team, he should be allowed to be on that team without a voting process going on, neither capacity restrictions as full server or equal amount of players per team, just move him and grab another player from the other side that has lower score and the number of players is balanced again.

As for any counter to some type of abuse to this feature, just restrict it to some calculation where certain requirements are meet to allow this team changing function, if teams are balanced, you shouldn't be able to move to either team, in case he does and reconnects to spam the feature, disallow it for the player for a minute or so, if keeps repeating increase the time penalty, if he doesn't get kicked/temporal banned by the server at this point.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: About AC (game & community) development... - by stef - 07 May 14, 07:33AM