About AC (game & community) development...
about you: first contact with ac, favourite game modes and maps, country, age, clan, other games

- I was 15/16 years old when I discovered AC here: http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows...37895.html
- I come from France.
- My favourite modes are LSS/CTF/(T)DM and (T)OSOK
- My clan is Xtrem Warriors
- I play also SF SKILL 2, CS:GO and LoL atm...

do you mostly play public matches or do you prefer clan competition? are you a regular 1vs1 player? do you care about your ratio or your flags-per-minute value? do you support team players even in just-for-fun games?

- I play both matches (public/competition and even interclan)
- I enjoy 1vs1 for training sometimes.
- I mostly care about my ratio, but above all the flag if its a CTF mode of course.

community ties: where does AC community "happen" for you? only ingame, in the official forum, clan forums, IRC, mumble?

Purely ingame or TS (xW connect: i-serv.fr:9992), then on AC/clans forums and lastly to IRC...

is it easy for you to get help with problems with the game? where do you get help? which problems could not be solved?

- We get especially help from the forum or also by asking to others players ingame.
- Some problems from AC source itself (sound bugs problem/crash without reason/server-list/minimize screen...)

what do you think about the AC community? how could the community be made better?

- Not bad but I will skip these questions because I can receive some warning points. I hope it will answer you...

what would you like to contribute?

Sharing, website/forum design and coding a bit, arts, moddings and more...

what do you like about AC?

- Fast (quake-like), light (50mb disk space needed no account registration) and customizable (create your own player/weapon skins, maps, scripts...)

what do you hate about AC?

- Teamkillers, unhits/fps decrease (on big maps, so we can't play with old machines, not like before...), some lags on masterserver and <<useless>> anticheat.

do you play on a laptop or a desktop? does it have a dedicated graphics card or do you use chipset graphics? what average fps do you play at, and what screen resolution do you use? do you use features like "reduced violence mode" or degraded textures? do you use colored vests?

- I play both machines (laptop and desktop)
- My laptop has a dedicated graphics card with a resolution of 1600*900, and my "old" desktop has a chipset graphics with a resolution of 1280*720
- I use all features that you quoted.

do you play with headphones or with a surround system or do you use the builtin speakers of your laptop?

- Headphones/speakers or without sound anyway.

where should AC development be headed to? what should the next release bring?
would you like AC to concentrate on it's own classic gameplay or should it be molded to be more like another game (and what other game)?

- AC is unique, this game "had" a big potential (that's why i keep playing, it's so addictive)
We need to concentrate on it's own classic gameplay and innovate in same time (the big example was in AC v1.1, it was a big mistake to change weapon balance and leave his classic gameplay) But in other hand, we innovated by others way (for example: We see how it was interesting to use AR rush powa!)

do you play other games of the cube family?

- I tried Cube2 in my desktop, but i cannot play with 20fps these time (didn't had my laptop with better performance yet) ...I prefer AC <3

one feature AC should add:

- Interface user (for instance; a personnal/local ladder in "My profile" who show our overrall stats from AC itself), S&D or new mods 100% original for AC (not like others well-know games) and add "assist" stats.
- We need also to separate game-logs (Player connected/Player fragged) with the chat...
It will be a better interface to newest players who don't have the time to read a message and to players who search Interclan from a server!
- Demo management or "kill replay" to save our best moments easily (more videos on Youtube=promotion...)
- Add a real tutorial (i.e. learn how to strafe => run for beginner) not only a simple demo...
- Able to play against bots online

one feature AC should remove:

- too many official maps, so remove some unplayed maps and avoid teamkills?
- improve anticheat or disable it.

PS: Welcome back btw.

[Edit] Yes Vanquish, i failed and chose a wrong color lmao, it's fixed now :D
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: About AC (game & community) development... - by Krayce - 05 May 14, 11:14PM