About AC (game & community) development...
Hello Stef,

1.about you: first contact with ac, favourite game modes and maps, country, age, clan, other games

First contact was in 1.0.4 looking for free games like counterstrike because I was young and didnt have income to buy it. My favourite mode was CTF from the beginning but I was a nade spammer. My favourite map back then would've been shine (and still is). Im from the US, am 24, I play for |oNe| and currently play sauerbraten and starcraft2 as well as dabble in other single-player games.

2. do you mostly play public matches or do you prefer clan competition? are you a regular 1vs1 player? do you care about your ratio or your flags-per-minute value? do you support team players even in just-for-fun games?

I mostly favour competitive gameplay as I feel the teamwork element is the most interesting. I used to play 1v1's and still would if there were people to play against. I don't think ratio serves as an accurate measurement of team contribution and therefore don't pay very much attention to it. However, it is a statistic that can be valuable. Flags-per-minute is important, but the flag win is more important.

3. community ties: where does AC community "happen" for you? only ingame, in the official forum, clan forums, IRC, mumble?

It happens for me mainly on teamspeak3. I'll hop on IRC if I need to speak with someone who does not traditionally hop on ts3 if it's a pressing issue that needs multiple steps to fix. If not, I'll pm people here on the forums.

4. is it easy for you to get help with problems with the game? where do you get help? which problems could not be solved?

It is easy to get help simply because I know which devs are most likely to respond. Jamz is always fairly quick and so is Ronald_reagan. I see kiwi around quite often as well. Some problems that exist that were not fixed is fullscreen for the mac version. I no longer play on a mac, but it's still something that affects a portion of the player base.

5.what do you think about the AC community? how could the community be made better? what would you like to contribute?

The ac community overall are very nice, intelligent people. I think a large issue is how the infrastructure of the community is spread out and unrelated to the game. A way to navigate from in-game to the forums with an issue, an irc client built in-game and other things could help centralize players who play the game, to be in the game as they interact with the community.

6.what do you like about AC?

I love the relatively simple, fast paced gameplay.

7.what do you hate about AC?

I hate the dwindling player base, the increased time to kill of the weapon/armour balance, as well as the lack of a proper match-making system and nicer GUI built into the game.

8.do you play on a laptop or a desktop? does it have a dedicated graphics card or do you use chipset graphics? what average fps do you play at, and what screen resolution do you use? do you use features like "reduced violence mode" or degraded textures? do you use colored vests?

I play on a desktop that has a dedicated graphics card. I play at 500 fps at 1080p resolution. I use the lowest possible graphics settings and do indeed play with coloured vests. It's the belief that the lowest amount of stimulus needed to get information doesnt distract you from playing the game.

9.do you play with headphones or with a surround system or do you use the builtin speakers of your laptop?

I play with headphones exclusively for all games. It's more pleasant in terms of immersion but also gives an edge in competitive play.

10.where should AC development be headed to? what should the next release bring? would you like AC to concentrate on it's own classic gameplay or should it be molded to be more like another game (and what other game)? do you play other games of the cube family?

AC should not try and be like other games but examines what it does well. Arcade style fast paced point and shoot. The weapon balance is still off. It's a great game, it just hasnt updated it's look or features (there are new features, just not from a menu or matchmaking standpoint).

11.one feature AC should add:

matchmaking

12.one feature AC should remove:

team pistol frenzy
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: About AC (game & community) development... - by Waffles - 05 May 14, 09:33PM