Some notes concerning the course of AC
(25 Jun 10, 06:46AM)U|Zarj Wrote: Fonzy, the reason my response are so short is because this issued has been discussed to death, and the end result is always the same: if the devs want something to be done, they will do it. They don't have to make the game fun, they don't have to support what the players want. They can do whatever they like.

As for any 'arrogance' being shown, I apologize, but I assure you it is not because of any skill level I hold in game, there's a reason my user title says "Wish I could pwn...".

And a little extra info for you:
Myself and Brahma were once two of the people fighting the most to keep the maprot rules less restricted. However, as I stated earlier, when it comes down to it, what the devs say goes. (And, personally, I also realized that poor quality maps create players who are not really interested in AC. When their EMJEZ_GEMA_HEADSHOT_LSS_BRAZIL_TENNIS suddenly disappears, they stop playing. Either that, or they start playing the more serious maps, and its generally only then that they become involved in the community. Poor quality maps lead to people who don't really care about AC).

One last point:
A lot of people would be happy with just 100 'quality' members in this community. The reason I have continued to play AC for a little over a year is because of the people I have met here, and the friendships I have developed (even if only over the internet). If AC were to suddenly grow to become extremely popular, it would take away a huge part of the game. Many people like the fact that this community is small, and stays small (at least I certainly do personally).

Fair enough. I can understand where the frustration comes from when you guys revisit the same arguements.

However, I have to say that I think a community is better off growing than staying with a standard amount of members. I think it's just a fear that things will change when they won't. That community that is only a 100 will dwindle down eventually because it may be the same old, same old. And when more people leave, the trend will continue because it won't be as big as it once was. If there are new members actively joining it can add some life to the community and keep people interested. Hell, even trolls serve their purpose in the sense that a flame war with a troll can be super entertaining.

The Devs can do what they want but there's no point if only 20 people are left playing their game that they create.
(25 Jun 10, 06:03PM)TheCrema Wrote: @ Mr.Floppy
Someone's trash is another man's treasure...

I think this may be the best quote to describe these maps. It is true. It really is.

(25 Jun 10, 08:17PM)Alien Wrote: @Roscoe
But ezjemvill and gema maps are crappy and laggy , you are a bit confused. I don't know anybody who thinks that official maps are crappy or you yes ? These noobs don't play official maps because they are loosers there. You can see many of them in tosok ac_desert camping.

As beginner you learn some skills step by step, if you meet on Hi-Skill server 15 ladder players, you are dead in 5 seconds, you must just stay certain time at crappy maps.

There are also retards which play these maps and have skills, i don't understand them.

And this is another one of those posts that is so biased. No, the people who EZJEM or OldVillage or GEMA's are not noobs and are not losers. I myself enjoy a good GEMA from time to time and I also love playing the old hanze maps (EZJEM, although only the version(s) that were less lagggy), Oldvillage, Wintertown and I've also enjoyed Headshotcity and a few others from time to time. When I first began playing Assaultcube I could not stand the AC maps. I disliked all of them except Dust. I've grown more accustomed to them but the main reason I stay on those servers is due to the ladder and the interesting aspect it adds to the game. It's great to see your score being cumulated over time. I'm certainly no retard and there are other people who are not retarded for playing these maps. It's called personal preference. It's called being different than you. It's called having an opinion that doesn't go with the majority.

Not everybody is going to like what you guys like. There are some good players that play those maps. There are some good people on there as well. At the same time, there are many noobs. Certainly. However, if you were to load a map of mostly skilled players in a map like Ezjem with no camping, it turns out to be a great map to play and very fun. I think this lag issue is overplayed because there are some AC maps that lag for me (Elevation being one that I remember off my head right away).

It's such a sickening notion to think that people who play those maps are retards, losers or any other deragatory term you want to use for them. It's just a matter of preference. And clearly, the preference is there since some of those servers generate quite a few people to being there. If you want, you can consider half of them noobs but thats okay, maybe some noobs go there because the competition is less as fierce. Perhaps one day those noobs will go to your AC servers and play there because they are more confident (I only use noobs to relate with you here, I don't think they are) or maybe they never will and will continue enjoying the different structure of those maps. Hell, not everybody likes Call of Duty, some may prefer to play Halo or some other game.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some notes concerning the course of AC - by Fonzy - 26 Jun 10, 05:32PM