Weapon stats.
I could run up a comparison between the carbine and other primary weapons, but it'd just be rehashing the numbers above. The truth is, the carbine is slow, and useful only in certain situations and as a support weapon, namely, killing stuff that moves and is already in mediocre health. It is also viable to use it as a hit and run weapon.

These situations arise mostly in pubs, that is, the more players that are in the game, the more chance you'll run into someone with poor health. In that case, you can punch his lights with a shot. I see it as a good weapon choice for arena type (douze anybody) maps, and deathmatch modes. How much of that is played, you can determine for yourself.

Comparing it ti the AR, it looses at everything except on very long ranges, due to the AR having a bit of a spread, but it'd have to be a very long range to get the carbine up top there, and from what I know, mappers are discouraged from making such maps.

Comparing it to the SMG, again, like the AR, the longer the range, the better the carbine looks. As mentioned somewhere before, you can peek a corner, shoot a SMG user, hide back, then pop out after 720ms and finish him off. The SMG and AR users require more line of sight than that, so it's a way to play the carbine.

Comparing it to the shotgun is a bit hard, as the shotgun has variable damage, tho it's easy to see that the longer the range the better the carbine is. You could even say that the shotty is pretty much the opposite of the carbine. Thing is, the shotty will give you more points for gibs, and it's a way much easier comboing it. I'm not mentionig that the shotty can and will instant one-shot you in hands of experienced users.

Comparing it to the sniper, well, there's not much to say here, the sniper has headshots, gibs, best combos, fastest combo (400ms, and that is on par with the Akimbo) and is better at long ranges due to scope and zero spread. Carbine has somee advantage up close here, due to the sniper having no crosshair.

IMO killsteal and hit&run looks like the way to play it. On the other hand, I played just a few games with it, so what do I know. I'm sure a Carbine expert could provide a better insight in it than me. I don't know any except br!tney, so if he could provide a sentence or two, that'd be great.

As a side note, knife tops the carbine in raw numbers, and the pistol is thereabouts, even if they're both secondary weapons.

Weapon balance should be balance, and I don't see how the carbine has a realistic chance to stand on even grounds with other weapons. And even if my opinion is incorrect, take any given game and count the number of carbine users. People just don't play it, and I'm pretty sure it's for a reason.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Weapon stats. - by RKTnoob - 11 Feb 14, 11:15AM
RE: Weapon stats. - by Ronald_Reagan - 11 Feb 14, 06:06PM
RE: Weapon stats. - by RKTnoob - 11 Feb 14, 07:45PM
RE: Weapon stats. - by Felix-The-Ghost - 13 Feb 14, 11:58PM
RE: Weapon stats. - by Bukz - 14 Feb 14, 07:03AM
RE: Weapon stats. - by RKTnoob - 16 Feb 14, 02:00PM
RE: Weapon stats. - by Ronald_Reagan - 16 Feb 14, 07:11PM
RE: Weapon stats. - by Undead - 17 Feb 14, 03:44AM
RE: Weapon stats. - by RKTnoob - 16 Feb 14, 08:46PM
RE: Weapon stats. - by #M|A#Wolf - 17 Feb 14, 01:30AM