My map does not meet requisites!?
(05 Sep 10, 01:21AM)MasterApple Wrote: Also, why does assault cube even require these requisites? Its an open source game, I am hosting my own server, yet I cannot chose the map I want to play with my clan. It seems ridiculous.

Reason #1:
X player has the idea to make a different kind of map, something that breaks the laws of physics of the game, nothing like ac_desert or ac_shine; something completely new! He starts making the map where you start in a little room, fall down an endless tunnel down where you will meet the enemy with 100 grenades being thrown everywhere and thousands of spray bullets shooting everywhere, how fun! He votes it in a server, and tons of people start pouring in to check out the map. The following day 5 servers now have that map on their server 3/4 of the day. Now for the next 2-4 months this map will be the next TwinTowers/Headshot City obsession until another X player decides to make another map.

Reason #2:
X player wants to play a normal map, not something that is too big or too weird, just something like ac_power, or ac_arid; but wait. There are only 3 servers with those kind of maps and all of them are full, how devastating! He gets frustrated since he wants to play them, so he decides to leave the game since it's stupid he can't play maps that were made to fit the requirements of the game.

I know what you mean, that how much harm will it do if you make your own map for only one server; your server, but that's how it starts and then servers start having maps that someone makes in 10 minutes while well-made maps where you don't drop 100 meters down should be the ones played. True, AC is an open-sourced game, but it came to a point where most of all were tired of all those weird maps (e.g. !!!GEMMMA_JUNGLEWITHBUNNYS_DABESTEVA!!!!).

This wasn't intended to offend in any way, but I will from now on put into a file all the reasons why this is the way it is so people don't need to explain themselves to new people.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to improve your map so it fits the requirements, it would also be helpful if you could upload it, and I hope someone here has the patience and kindness to help you out :)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: My map does not meet requisites!? - by #M|A#Wolf - 05 Sep 10, 01:52AM