8th Official Mapping Competition!
Hey guys, sorry for my lack of activity over the recent weeks. Sometimes the real world takes over. :c

As Halo mentioned, there is just under a month to go, and there is very few contestants (Well, actually 1 entry.) at the moment. I agree with the majority that there is no incentive, but there is little I can do. If I was to offer a reward, then the competition wouldn't be about making a good map, but just to win.

Despite a certain someone saying this theme isn't creative, any one with the slightest knowledge of history could conjure several ideas in their head. The theme was specifically thought of to overcome what the previous competitions have had issues with, and that is a lack of diversity. Implementation of the theme is a different subject all together, and I think it works in favour for the competition, as it adds a challenge.

I hope we see some entries toward the final days like most mappers seem to do, but I can tell this competition isn't a success. Regardless, I will judge the maps and part with my advice (No matter how shit you think I am as a mapper.) in an effort to promote mapping to the generation that will have to follow in the footsteps of the now lazy bunch. (Myself included, providing one more map. Yet to come.)

As mappers, we can either dismiss and quit mapping all together, or encourage others. I'm for the latter. The bare fact of it is that without the veterans encouraging the new-comers, you'll quickly see a dying art.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8th Official Mapping Competition! - by Snoosnoo - 20 May 13, 06:40PM