Poll: Would you torture a terrorist to save 1,000 lives?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
23.91%
11 23.91%
Yes, if it saved lives
50.00%
23 50.00%
Yes, I would anyway
26.09%
12 26.09%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would you torture a terrorist to save 1,000 lives?
(20 Apr 13, 12:37PM).ExodusS* Wrote: terrorists are also victims

Which is exactly what they are counting on you to think.

I'm sorry I can't continue to ignore this thread. I can understand what you guys are trying to say, about dictatorial society and terrorists also being people. Really, that perspective is quite noble. It's nice to know that sentiment exists because it lets us know we are still compassionate humans. I think however, that you are a bit naive.

There are plenty of things we as people can do that are up for debate as to what the repercussions should be. I am all about due process. When it is possible. In the end there are certain things that can clearly be defined as completely unacceptable. Rape, sexual assault or coercion of children or the elderly, and acts of terror are some of those things. In Afghanistan there are people that think that it's OK to strap a bomb on a kid and send them into a group of people to blow them all to pieces, because this will enable them to go to heaven in glory. I am afraid I don't see a need for due process in that situation. And for you people who think the war on terror is about oil, you are sorely mistaken. It's about defending the innocent with no regard to personal appearance to people on the outside looking in. Yes, the U.S looks like a bully with their nose in everyone's business. But if your business is blowing up innocent people and killing indiscriminately, I have no problem snipping your nuts off with a pair of rusty scissors. I will torture a piece of scum to save lives YES! I don't care about how that makes me look, or what you think of it. Welcome to the real world. Due process is not always possible. It is preferred but not always possible. I have done many stupid things in my life, many things I am not proud of. But defending innocents from horrid acts of terrorism is not one of them. I am proud to say that I am perfectly capable of destroying a heartless animal to save 1,000 people. I would do it again if afforded the chance. If one of the people was your kid, or mother, I guarantee you would do it as well. And that's all I have to do to justify it, have a personal attachment to the innocents, and not defend the right of due process for a terrorist. It's easy to judge someone for such a decision, but you will never understand until you come face to face with someone whom has no regard for the lives of others or their own.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you torture a terrorist to save 1,000 lives? - by Money$hot - 19 Apr 13, 09:18PM
RE: Would you torture a terrorist to save 1,000 lives? - by Boomhauer - 20 Apr 13, 02:41PM