Poll: Would you torture a terrorist to save 1,000 lives?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
23.91%
11 23.91%
Yes, if it saved lives
50.00%
23 50.00%
Yes, I would anyway
26.09%
12 26.09%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would you torture a terrorist to save 1,000 lives?
Jack Bauer has proven time and time again that it works. I vote for Jack Bauer's methods.

(19 Apr 13, 12:07PM)ElCrema Wrote: It is really funny (in a very sad way) that people who live in a democratic society and can enjoy the perks of due process have the nerves to vote yes in a poll like this...

It does not matter what the cisrcunstances are, torture CAN NOT HAPPEN, it opens a precedent that, believe you me! you do not want. You either have laws and due process or you don't. You can't have it both ways! And if one day you get in trouble with the law you gonna sure as hell hope you get those rights for you (or your family).

Normally I would agree with you, but if you read the scenario again, it says "A bomb is planted and set to go off shortly. You have captured the terrorist who can disarm the bomb", you'll notice that you don't really have the time to do anything but torture the terrorist if you wish to survive. Not unless you can convince the terrorist to disable the bomb willingly, but I'm assuming you would have already tried this before planning to use any method of coercion.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you torture a terrorist to save 1,000 lives? - by Aekom - 19 Apr 13, 12:12PM
RE: Would you torture a terrorist to save 1,000 lives? - by Money$hot - 19 Apr 13, 09:18PM