Are there any competitive players left?
(27 Mar 13, 07:15PM)Aekom Wrote: People are just bored of v1.1.0.4.

This is what slowly happens when a game that wasn't too popular to start with, isn't updated after 2 and a half years.
(27 Mar 13, 11:49PM)yopa Wrote: anyone that has uninstalled AC doesn't really miss anything
^^^
Exactly.

(27 Mar 13, 11:28PM)ShieldyBear Wrote: Rather than deleting the game (i'll give it 2/3 weeks before one of you re-downloads it) maybe it would be more productive to work with a larger group of people either from TS, IRC, or the forum and see a think of a way to combat the problem.
I really have no intention to re-download 1.1, it's just become so repetitive and bland, and this isn't helped by the fact that the few games that were being played up until recently have now stopped completely.Your idea is great though, even if a bit late xD

(28 Mar 13, 12:07AM)Nightmare Wrote: Why is everybody named Fluttershy now? -.- So 2010
Spoken like a true parasprite. I don't know any other AC player who is/was called Fluttershy (do you have proof of everypony naming themselves this or are you just trying to up your post count?), and even if there was, there's nothing wrong with it because she's awesome. endofstory

tl;dr, a lot of competitive players will come back for 1.2. the momentum and excitement of 1.1 is dead, so it's useless trying to revive it now. and if 1.2 turns out the same as 1.1, I think it's safe to say competitive AC will be gone forever. So we should try and make 1.2 more active and enjoyable for everyone. New leagues/tourneys/etc could help but I don't know anyone willing or able to run them. The ACCL and AC Weekend Cup were good attempts and started out strong but just fizzled out due to lack of interest. It seems the last competition anyone seems to give a shit about is ACWC, and that only comes once a year for about a month or so - and there's no point in playing a game that only has competition once a year.

I've recently started to play Sauerbraten more actively, and they have a major tournament (SWL - Sauerbraten World League) every month. It's usually run well, with great admins (apart from a buggy hopmod on the server this month) and a great ranking system. Furthermore, winning enough consecutive matches in a certain area grants you titles and awards, which gives players lots of motivation to keep playing. Only regular thing going on in AC is pubs/inters, and they just don't interest anyone who enjoys playing competitively.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any competitive players left? - by Skinny-Dog - 27 Mar 13, 07:59PM
RE: Are there any competitive players left? - by Vanquish - 28 Mar 13, 11:16AM