ACGFX Client
Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:I just tested it (probably specify next time that it is 1.1 based) and it works great.

Thanks!

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:Firstly, the first post says screen tile on death -- you probably meant tilt, right? :P

Fixed :)

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:I'm going to guess you increment the "tilt" every frame when needed (what would probably make sense) but do not forget not everyone can render the game at the same frames per second, so you will have to scale your offsets by current fps (I have some code for this if you want it) The tilt speed seems a little bit slow to me, but I'm going to assume it's from the fps thing as I run ~60 fps.

Yes, I knew this was a problem, I was planning on asking you about that. I'm still a little new to AC source, so this first "release" is mostly a learning process for me. In the future it will be much more customizable and have many more features and GFX.

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:I personally would like to see you disable rendering of the local player's corpse and disable control of the camera after you die (disable control in that camera mode but not in the others you can switch to after death) to make it seem like you really died.

Yes, I noticed that was a problem. This is going to be fixed in the next version (which will be out soon...). Removing the corpse was something I didn't think about, but I will do that for sure :)

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:Taking another step forward to something else I would like to see, jerking of the screen each time you are hit (camera1->roll += rand()%small_amount-rand()%small_amount) Just a little bit either direction and re-centering pretty fast (remember fps scale) so as to emulate player "flinch." This would really buff automatic weapon users possibly adding another element to balance weapons on if it is ever polished enough to commit to a future version of AC.

Haha, this was actually planned for a future version as well. This *might* take a little longer to implement (gib length and the sniper kill bug are first), but next version will have it for sure.

DES|Cleaner Wrote:It feel odd to let yourself die on purpose to see the effect...

OK, believe it or not, that wasn't on purpose xD Nades can be dangerous in the small spaces (a.k.a no-camping zone)...

DES|Cleaner Wrote:I'd like to see it even more tilted and dropping lower like if you was smashing your face on the floor.

Dropping lower will be easy to do. However, tilting more will be difficult, because a large tilt causes problems with the skymap and causes the corners of your screen to become glitchy. This happens even in maxroll (for me at least). But, in the next version tilt amount will be customizable, so you can do whatever you want with it. I will set the default higher, though :)

DES|Cleaner Wrote:Explode 5 secs is a bit long to my liking (timer switch please)

This appears to be what most people hate the most. It originally was designed to just make the fireball larger, but the way the fireball rendering function is written, modifying the size modifies the amount the fireball stays around. I am probably going to rewrite the fireball rendering function to allow me to tell it both size AND fade, as its called, but I have to look at that code to see if it is possible.

#M|A#Wolf Wrote:Every competitive player would disable it, it'd cause too much distraction.

Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:I think it's fair to say being shot by an assault rifle would be pretty distracting. I, for one, would not be very collected :P

You are probably right. However, for an automatic weapon, I would make the shake a lot smaller, so it willl not be very noticeable at all. Of course, I will make the amount of shake customizable, in case you want a larger effect ;)

Edit: Instead, I'm going to disable it for AR/SMG, otherwise the shake would get out of control and look terrible.

DarKnight Wrote:Well, i think that it could lag, why? Because gibs increase FPS, too much gibs will lag you. Is a nice project but like Wolf says, "it'd cause too much distraction"

It is actually a small amount of gibs, so it shouldn't cause much lag. I don't believe it renders if gibs are turned off anyway (but I just realized I haven't tested that yet o.O). As I've said before, in the next version every feature will be customizable.

888 Wrote:I like the effect when the player die ...

DarKnight Wrote:yeah is nice the effect ;)

Thank you :)

In the next version it will randomly tilt left or right, instead of always leaning left.

I hope to release the customizable version sometime today or tomarrow, I just have to figure a few things out in AC code first :) As I said, I'm new to the AC code, this project will be a lot better in a few months (I hope).

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, and happy fraggin' (WITH MY CLIENT!!!), PhaNtom
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
ACGFX Client - by PhaNtom - 13 Mar 13, 10:40PM
RE: Effects client - by Oracle - 13 Mar 13, 10:42PM
RE: Effects client - by PhaNtom - 13 Mar 13, 10:45PM
RE: Effects client - by Nightmare - 13 Mar 13, 10:48PM
RE: Effects client - by PhaNtom - 13 Mar 13, 10:50PM
RE: Effects client - by Z3R0 - 13 Mar 13, 10:51PM
RE: Effects client - by Marti - 13 Mar 13, 10:53PM
RE: Effects client - by PhaNtom - 13 Mar 13, 10:51PM
RE: Effects client - by Z3R0 - 13 Mar 13, 10:54PM
RE: Effects client - by PhaNtom - 13 Mar 13, 10:54PM