Poll: What maps should AssaultCube put into the package?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ac_ancient_mines
2.79%
9 2.79%
ac_banlieue
4.64%
15 4.64%
ac_box_factory
1.86%
6 1.86%
ac_brackish
1.55%
5 1.55%
ac_brick
4.64%
15 4.64%
ac_cavern
6.50%
21 6.50%
ac_cloud
4.02%
13 4.02%
ac_dingy
3.72%
12 3.72%
ac_forsaken
5.26%
17 5.26%
ac_frost
1.86%
6 1.86%
ac_heatstroke
2.17%
7 2.17%
ac_heatstroke2
2.17%
7 2.17%
ac_lainio
6.81%
22 6.81%
ac_metl3
5.88%
19 5.88%
ac_mojave2
1.86%
6 1.86%
ac_prison
0.62%
2 0.62%
ac_swamp
8.98%
29 8.98%
ac_terros
11.76%
38 11.76%
core
0.93%
3 0.93%
electron
1.86%
6 1.86%
marvel
0.93%
3 0.93%
mpx_desierto_v1.3
2.48%
8 2.48%
Nocturne
4.02%
13 4.02%
Savana
4.95%
16 4.95%
Venison
7.74%
25 7.74%
Total 323 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Voting for the next official map!
After actually looking through the maps, I have to say, I don't think that very many of them really should be included in an official release.

Savana
- There's one cooridor that would be misleading as it is not obvious that the entrance on the left would only lead you away from the rvsf base
- lighting in some places are an odd color that doesn't seem to fit as well. why would there by white flourescent lights in a desert map? same thing applies to lights in other parts

venison
- too large with areas where the wqd is too high. I wouldn't even consider making it official

ac_frost
- rvsf has faster access to 100 armor than cla has to 50
- decent other than that, but not much stands out

ac_mojave2
- not sure how well this map would work outside of large pubs with that many exits from each base. it might work, but it could be annoying with smaller teams

ac_heatstroke
- I remember playing on this one a long time ago and thinking it wasn't that great since the areas felt too large in general and it was a little bland with I think an area that was too dark.

ac_heatstroke2
-wqd gets too high in some places

ac_prison
-wqd gets too high in some places

ac_forsaken
- bases look way too similar to each other
- decent design other than that.

ac_ancient_mines
- made by jg99, so I didn't even bother downloading

ac_swamp
- didn't notice anything wrong with it other than the fact that undead co-authored it

ac_cavern
- too many intersections of different routes to really be able to be enjoyed by people unfamiliar with it, like most people who would randomly download ac and go into a server running offical maps only would be. Not sure if it would be a good idea to have this packaged in an official release because of this.

ac_brackish
- rvsf base both has more exits than cla base and is the only base with readily accessible armor.

ac_banlieu
- wqd is too high in some places
- the ceiling at the end of a ramp in one place blocks half of it
- seems more difficult to get out of the rvsf base

nocturne
- the beer bottle with the katakana label seems very out of place when you take into consideration the fact that all the signs are written in english
- at least 1 unreachable helmet

ac_brick
- not interested in arena style maps, having to copy/paste text for the link, or posts with the incorrect format

ac_box_factory
- wqd is way too high in some places

mpx_desierto_v1.3
- not a big fan of large maps with long narrow paths as someone who primarily uses smg. I just don't think I would enjoy playing on it very much.

ac_terros
-the link to download it is way to fucking annoying to deal with. I revoke my vote for it.

ac_cloud
- I like this map and think it might actually work

the three random ones with no screenshots and weird download links
- If you don't care enough about your maps to have them uploaded somewhere like akimbo or even include screenshots, you clearly don't care about them being made official

halo's maps
- nice job only voting for your own maps
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voting for the next official map! - by Habluka - 14 Dec 12, 09:19AM