ac_darkhorz
thanks for the input guys. and thanks Z3R0! i do think that ive made some big strides in my map making skills as of late, especially if you compare this map with ac_rerailed :)

both of you concentrated on the thing i knew was going to be looked at most, and im glad because i kinda wanted feedback on that part of the map. i wanted to create a "view" like that because i find that if i want these maps to stick out more than the rest, i can't rely on clean and strong mapping alone (i.e structual integrity, which is something i do struggle with). so the "view" was meant to be a way to open the map up more. looking through all the official maps and other official-esque maps, i found that all of them are more like big rooms than parts of a city or desert.

but as you noticed, RR, the clips are very far out. i placed them there for two reasons:
1. i noticed that the benches at each "view" (i found placing them there necessary to establishing that one is looking at an ocean) will not let a player walk past even if he is 3-4 cubes behind the bench. it is almost as if an invisible and permanent clip has been set up behind the bench. i couldn't move the bench forward because i was already at the edge of the map and therefore could not move the skymap forward a bit
2. if i had not clipped the "views" at all, i feel players would camp behind the walls and make for an unrealistic map.

the idea of a wall or stupid obstacle to keep the players from moving towards the "views" is something im going to add. thx!

about the fence at the left of the blue base Z3R0, i kinda agree with RR :D . you should be able to climb over the fence but perhaps at the expense of a couple AR/smg bullets. i was trying to give the player two ways to travel with the flag: the long but easy way or the quicker but more riskier way. i built the fence thinking of how the pros would react to it. it kinda puts a little more stress on the gameplay but not so much that they couldn't handle it.

on second thought, i think i will add a knocked-over barrel or cinderblock at one side of the fence to make it easier to scale but a little more inconvenient :D
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
ac_darkhorz - by MerCyKiL - 30 Oct 12, 05:39AM
RE: ac_darkhorz - by Felix-The-Ghost - 30 Oct 12, 05:57AM
RE: ac_darkhorz - by Ronald_Reagan - 30 Oct 12, 06:08AM
RE: ac_darkhorz - by 1Cap - 30 Oct 12, 01:51PM
RE: ac_darkhorz - by Z3R0 - 30 Oct 12, 07:10PM
RE: ac_darkhorz - by Ronald_Reagan - 30 Oct 12, 08:28PM
RE: ac_darkhorz - by MerCyKiL - 30 Oct 12, 09:28PM
RE: ac_darkhorz - by Z3R0 - 30 Oct 12, 10:43PM
RE: ac_darkhorz - by DogDancing - 31 Oct 12, 06:02AM
RE: ac_darkhorz - by MerCyKiL - 05 Nov 12, 11:25PM