Poll: More or less official maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More
76.09%
70 76.09%
Less
23.91%
22 23.91%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More official maps, or less official maps?
(17 Sep 12, 01:00PM)RAMPAGE Wrote: I can organize my clan to vote for map selection we think should be played and also name one representative for our clan, but I think it would be easier to name not more than 10 community representatives (that play both pubs and matches) to work on the clan matches map set and give them authority to decide for the community.
I can't imagine feeling good about any fewer than 15 clans agreeing on such an authoritative decision. I can name 20 clans that I've personally seen significant involvement from in the past six months.

On the other hand, if three clans posit their voice into one single person, that counts as three clans to me and could end up matching your proposal of about ten representatives.

If you really think it'll work, and the devs feel okay with it, I'll organize it. As I said before, if everyone can agree on something, whether some final conclusion or even just the rules of this exercise, I'll support it. But let me be clear that I do not want to have a simple majority stepping on the toes of a significant minority (an example of an insignificant minority would be generic CoD fanboy in the corner shouting to replace all maps with *insert copyright infringement here*). I want a clear consensus that comes just short of stealing the thunder of Wikipedia's odd democratic style.

(17 Sep 12, 01:10PM)Takkunen Wrote: -Allows for more variety in small amounts. (eg. 8 maps per season, 5-6 would be changed keeping the 2-3 most popular for next season.)
- Allow for more map testing
- Inspire more people to make maps in order to get onto the map pool.
Then there is the side of creating a "season"
This is a nice idea, perhaps as a more frequent and active implementation of the map pack system.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: More official maps, or less official maps? - by V-Man - 17 Sep 12, 01:32PM