Poll: More or less official maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More
76.09%
70 76.09%
Less
23.91%
22 23.91%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More official maps, or less official maps?
I find it difficult to believe that rattrap gets picked apart for biases and toxic does not. Is just nobody else aware of it?

Essentially, it comes down to having a solid Dev construction as Undead was saying. I forget where I suggested this before, but having solid testers to run over gameplay on maps in live settings and a present dev willing to take feedback would help. Or hell, maybe even a custom map CTF tournament (looking at you Larry). Either way, Community input + decisive dev support will weed out the bad from the good. It's not even about popularity. If you build it they will come as they say.

@biggunz,
having no bias is impossible without symmetry you're right, but having certain advantages on one side of a map vs others can even out the playing field. Many maps are winnable from both sides, but that depends on the skill of the player. But to not acknowledge that Toxic, Rattrap, Arabian, Outpost (to some extent), etc. are not one-sided is to disregard fact. I'm not advocating "neutering" all the maps, just making it so both teams have a sporting chance.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: More official maps, or less official maps? - by Waffles - 15 Sep 12, 09:01PM