Poll: More or less official maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More
76.09%
70 76.09%
Less
23.91%
22 23.91%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More official maps, or less official maps?
I agree with Aight, just take out rattrap. Nobody plays it in 1v1, nobody plays it in public servers, the only time it gets played in matches is in HTF, where it becomes very biased. Adding to that, it gives me (and many others) large fps drops in areas, it's aesthetically ugly and it isn't even realistic (the road leads nowhere). Maps like toxic and keller are fine, just underplayed - although I'd like to see flag spawns removed from arid and douze.

I've seen three of the four new maps to be added for the next version (correct me if I'm being ignorant and there's more?). ac_avenue looks like a great map, I've played it in both public and private games and it was a lot of fun. I've played ac_edifice in public, for which it seemed fine, but in all honesty I don't actually know how it'd be played in matches. Industrial looks like a decent map, again I don't know how the layout would work in matches but I suppose it could. It looks fine for public games. I haven't seen ac_stellar (I've tried to find the map but to no avail). I agree with the addition of more maps; as people have previously mentioned games like Sauerbraten have many more maps, some (like the map "xenon") are very big and are rarely picked in CMs, but work fine for public games. There could be maps in AC that are added that appeal to public gameplay and wouldn't be suitable for matches, and ones that are suitable for smaller groups of players (such as matches, inters, maybe even 1v1 only maps).

As for what maps to add, I'd definetely recommend Undead's rework of ac_iceroad. Not taking away from the original but in terms of gameplay (we did some inters on it) it's much, much better. ac_wasteland also looks like a good 1v1 map, plus it'd be interesting to play something other than desert or douze for the 1000th time. I'm sure there's plenty of great official maps I haven't even heard of that'd be great too, but those are for the more experienced to call out.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: More official maps, or less official maps? - by Vanquish - 15 Sep 12, 08:17PM