I'm a Server Noooooob (its running just fine, need advice)
I agree with pretty much everything said. I appreciate the thoughts.

My big takeaway is this:
I guess I have to come to grips that I have no real control of anything when I am not there***. My server might suck to play on. And I am going to have to be ok with that. There is not a combination of permissions that will address every issue, and make it ideal.

And this discussion really all about vote-abuse... man... vote-abuse is my biggest pet peeve (if you can't tell from my rant). GRRRRRR... I hate vote abuse. I think it makes me angriest to see some other players (usually those better than me) getting kicked out of a game for being excellent.

As an admin, I have been asked everyday to kick excellent players for hacking (along with those who actually are hacking). I've been playing for 1-2 years, so I can certainly see most hacks when I play or spectate. For many/most of those accusations, the player is often just very good. I am aware some hackers are good at making the hacks look pretty natural (or use them sparingly). Many of those accusations are aimed at folks we all know and recognize as good players.

*** and when I am playing there, I will have get some keyboard shortcuts made for some of the adminning duties. f*ck all you hackers, trolls, tkillers and such...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm a Server Noooooob (its running just fine, need advice) - by Liz-Taylor - 11 Jul 12, 04:11PM