Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
I like the the sound but I hear what ya's are saying. I may be going for it then I hear it and change directions, or i get to get a shot off at em as well b4 they kill me. Then it was all in vain MUHAHHAA :)
It can be some very nice live bait just like armor :p
Thanks given by:
The thing that makes akimbo powerful is that it gives you two weapons with each having the ability of a primary weapon.
Thanks given by:
What do you mean Sil3nt? A pistol is a secondary weapon.
Thanks given by:
Pistol alone does not have rapid fire, but akimbo is fully automatic like SMG.
Thanks given by:
(24 Dec 11, 03:38PM)SiL3nT Wrote: The thing that makes akimbo powerful is that it gives you two weapons with each having the ability of a primary weapon.

I believe SiL3nT was trying to say the akimbo could be considered a second primary weapon, quote: "gives you two weapons... ability of a primary".

For myself, I treat the akimbo as a powered-up secondary weapon. If I'm equipped with AR or SR, I still use them as my primary even when I have acquired the akimbo.

As for sounds, the majority of the players (non-clan, random, sometimes noob pub players) don't care too much about it. That's my experience from when I first started playing AC. Some of the public servers are so chaotic that a) you may not be able to hear the pick up sound or b) it's so chaotic, it doesn't really matter of some player got it. I see how the pick up sound may be more of a problem for the players in clan matches, inters, or 1v1's. But these players are the minority (I'm guessing d:)... though arguably, this minority cares more about the game and actually comes to the forums here.
Thanks given by:
IMO akimbo is smg xD
Thanks given by:
It looks like it's hard to fix shotgun, one year for nothing, instead of giving the smg the 1.0.4 state, a bit more damage for sniper, and decreasing the magazine of AR to 15.

Well, the sg is fine like it is now, got good scores on clanmatches with it, just on public its annoying, because every noob is using it.

Carbine is too fine, if you handle it like CharlieMurphy.

Fixing the hitreg issues especially for smg / AR would be nice.

We lost a lot of good players with the end of 1.0.4, now we have huge amounts of noobs, not really talents like before. The game is getting more boring for a lot of guys, a reason for some to leave the game.

Just 3-4 clans are competive to play, e. g. w00p, BoB, MyS, ... (miss IAF, BME, cO, cS, ...)

Players like Matasar, Tolga, Veritas, China, Arimane, ex O3-clan, Ven, Carnifex, R4zor, Drakas, ot4ku, Seagal, loosky, cO clan, art and much more i havent seen for ages.
Thanks given by:
(26 Dec 11, 08:21PM)Murmer Wrote: IMO akimbo is smg xD

It is an smg with 3? extra damage. So yeah. Super mega unstoppable power-up.

Thanks given by:
When ever i see your posts, i dont read them i just look at your freaky awesome Nightmare (Hehe a Pun) avatar :P
Thanks given by:
(24 Dec 11, 08:35PM)V-Man Wrote: Pistol alone does not have rapid fire, but akimbo is fully automatic like SMG.
Akimbo isn't automatic, but the game makes it automatic. :P
Thanks given by:
When i do use akimbo i dont Spam it anyway, i single shot it for fun xD
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 11, 03:58AM)Murmer Wrote: When i do use akimbo i dont Spam it anyway, i single shot it for fun xD

I'm not trying to be rude but stfu PLZ. Take a Ritalin, vicodinin, or a pacifier already. Love ur enthusiasm, but cmon man, ur giving me an aneurism, MURMER ,and ulcer at the same time :P. Take a chill pill
Thanks given by:
Sorry i already take Ritalin, next time please be carefull ^_^
Thanks given by:
(26 Dec 11, 10:26PM)Elite Wrote: We lost a lot of good players with the end of 1.0.4, now we have huge amounts of noobs, not really talents like before. The game is getting more boring for a lot of guys, a reason for some to leave the game.

Just 3-4 clans are competive to play, e. g. w00p, BoB, MyS, ... (miss IAF, BME, cO, cS, ...)

Players like Matasar, Tolga, Veritas, China, Arimane, ex O3-clan, Ven, Carnifex, R4zor, Drakas, ot4ku, Seagal, loosky, cO clan, art and much more i havent seen for ages.

For once I agree with Elite.

The game is stagnating because public players are only using Shotgun - which lets face it, you can't really improve much whiles using this weapon, it's just point and click.

On the other hand, the amount of public's using Sniper / SMG / AR is minimal, and it's because of this, they're not learning how to use these weapons or improve with them. Hence no talents coming through into the top skill clans and no more growing skilled teams.

At the moment in AC we have a lot of players moving around teams as opposed to joining or founding new teams, which has limited the size of smaller teams coming through because they can't recruit anyone because the 5 power houses [ MyS | BoB | w00p | dR | oNe ] (I didn't mention LC yet since they are a relatively new-birthed team) have all the good players.

So what do you do to fix this?
Make Shotgun useless (as useless as it is in clan matches comparatively anyway) to force players to use a harder weapon and actually challenge themselves. I know this must sound very selfish, but it's because of this shotgun hell this game is becoming dull and inactive - I remember in 1.0 so many players (especially from MyS) were recruited in pubs and have become great players (error, panda, sister, bunny etc), where is that now? Nowhere to be seen. Name one good player to have come from public games this year that has joined one of the 5 teams. I can think of maybe 1 or 2. No more. Out of 100's of players that play this game everyday.
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 11, 04:53PM)Jason Wrote: the amount of public's using Sniper / SMG / AR is minimal

Wait, what?
I agree, shotgun is overpowered, but I have not seen this over-saturation you speak of.
By way of concession, I can see that sniper use has declined, but SMG use has not declined nearly as much, and it seems to me like AR use has increased even since the last version (and especially so since 1.0).

Then there's the weapon you didn't mention. For being a new and powerful weapon, I'm a little astonished that not so many people use the carbine. If I were a better aim, I would probably go with that.
Thanks given by:
@Jason

You don't play pubs much I see...

Your arguments are so wrong that I don't even know where to begin! For once, SG has not ruined the weapon balance in AC, the monster AR has. If you want to play competitively in a clan match you are forced to recur to AR or you will be crushed. Tell me the last time you played a match against a good team of players with decent fps and lower ping and won without AR. For instance, couple days ago Sacer and I were playing against BoB, I started with smg and Sacer with sniper, we were raped for 5 mins till we went ARing on them and turned the game around. It happened 3 games in a roll and you tell me that the problem is the SG?!?

The other thing is: there are only a few players that actually know how to handle the SG well and to tell that it is a point and click weapon and useless in clan matches shows just how little understanding you have of it.

As for no good pub players, there are a lot of guys with loads of potential playing pubs, but as most of AC players is very unlikely that they will perfom well without some 6 months of constant play time. I remember that me and Barute play vs Stayla and some guy in his first couple of months of AC and it was ugly to the point that they forfeit the ctf games and we ended it up playing a couple TOSOK games with pretty much the same results. If you see the demos you would never say he would become a player in the level that he is today, but trust me, took him some time to achieve this. You have to give ppl time to learn their way around AC, those who stick around for more than just a few months will start to play in a decent competitive level. Players will most likely begin with SG and once they learn the maps and how to move around them they will realise that for some maps that might not be the best option, and they will change weapons. After a while they will learn how to master them. People are not stupid as you are implying.

The SG needs to be nerfed down a little bit and the same MUST be done for AR. Bring the sniper back to 1.04 values and it will work just fine with the new armour. Bring down the smg's mad spread. I'm sure that with those chances the gameplay would be much better, for both pubs and matches. It's just a matter of finding the right numbers and I'm confident the devs are getting there!
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 11, 06:47PM)ElCrema Wrote: [...]

[Image: jap.gif]

Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 11, 04:53PM)Jason Wrote: the 5 power houses [ MyS | BoB | w00p | dR | oNe ] (I didn't mention B} yet despite having an ex-team mate of mine with another knocking on their door.) have all the good players.
Off-Topic, kind of. <3

Back on-topic, devs, how is the release coming along? Still stuck on shotgun? Keel AR yet? Updates are fun. <3

Thanks given by:
Sigh.
Everyone just start playing SVN.
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 11, 06:47PM)ElCrema Wrote: @Jason

You don't play pubs much I see...

Haha. You completely misunderstood my post, and I mean COMPLETELY.
Where did I talk about the AR, I am not interested about it's values at the moment, nor its balance. What I'm more interested in is the progress of public players. I scour games everyday looking for good players, I am always interested in how they play - and yes I do play a lot of pubs, admittedly under alias - but I do.

I can honestly say that there are not any active public players that look like they will amount to much, I mean Vanquish, Spirit and yopa are good. I've seen some other nicks but they haven't really stuck in my head. The real issue for me is how involved publics are getting, so what if they are actively coming back to play more in the game - they're not seeking out clans, or TRYING to improve. And they're not trying, because they don't have to. Left Click -> Splatter. Done and dusted.

If you think public games haven't stagnated then wow, don't you remember 1.0.4, I mean yeah sure. Hi-Skill had a lot to do with clan players playing public games. But publics won't improve by playing with other bad players, they need good players to play with them - and they need to be more interested in the game. Which they clearly aren't. Sometimes it feels like I am playing with bots, 10v10, no talks or says anything. They just run around. . .

As for AR, I agree needs to be nerf'ed a little, and a more powerful sniper would be great to see also.
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 11, 07:26PM)V-Man Wrote: Sigh.

flowtron has the rest of the release hidden, so svn isn't truly updated. ;)

Thanks given by:
I have to say I do miss 1.04 im surprised ac is still competitive :P
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 11, 07:40PM)Nightmare Wrote:
(27 Dec 11, 07:26PM)V-Man Wrote: Sigh.

flowtron has the rest of the release hidden, so svn isn't truly updated. ;)
wat?
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 11, 07:40PM)Nightmare Wrote: ;)
You mean
[Image: avatar_6feb8634e3d0_128.png]
Don't confuse Luc@s.
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 11, 07:27PM)Jason Wrote: ...
If you think public games haven't stagnated then wow, don't you remember 1.0.4,

When i first started playing this game this was a fast passed game.
That was real fun.
Now all i see in pub games are campers with sniper.
Yes, sniper is a support weapon but this is really taking the fast out of "Taking place in realistic environments, with fast, arcade gameplay, it's addictive and fun! " and making the game boring.
Thinking more about ratio then team and flags in a CTF game says IMO more about the player then the gameplay.

And whats the big deal about putting the sniper back to earlier released versions?
The sniper takes over 80 dmg, isnt that enough? So sniper + two pistol dont take out a guy with 100/100 but adapt like others had to.

IMOH all we need to do from 1.1.0.4 version is get the spread/power of shotgun right, power a bit down and spread more over distance and take away some kickback of AR + add some spread over distance.
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 11, 05:12AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Now all i see in pub games are campers with sniper.

That might happen if you only play pub T/OSOK.
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 11, 06:37AM)V-Man Wrote: That might happen if you only play pub T/OSOK.

In T/OSOK, it has always been whos the best camper in pub games, at least as long as I have played.

@Crema:

Seems like you don't know much about competitive matches if you say that AR rules all. In maps like ac_depot or ac_outpost, sniper is still a valuable weapon in good hands, let's day Dam., Reedie, Robtics or LordZz. I haven't never seen you in a clan match or an inter match Crema. Maybe you should do some actual research first.
Thanks given by:
@pweaks

I played my share of matches dude, trust me. The fact that you don't see me playing doesn't mean I don't caus I could say the same about you, hardly seem you play anything, but that is not the point of discussion here. I done some research within my clan and we have very good snipers that in this version are getting a hard time versus players with AR that no one ever heard of a few months ago. So yes the AR is overpowered and the fact that a hand full of player perform well with sniper ain't gonna change this.
Thanks given by:
@ V-Man: Was silly talk for "SVN doesn't showing their current top secret weapon balance effort." :)
@ Buckethead & ElCrema : I never seen either of you in cm's so that means you don't count. ;) That's a joke btw.

Nightmare's Balance Hax

AR: Less kickback hax & 15 round magazine.

SMG: SVN version is fine. Feels more difficult to use than the AR, though. May be a little weird considering a lot of smg'ers I know use it because it's currently "easier to handle".

Sniper: Stay the same. Gets used plenty in pubs & cm's. 'Pros' can still make it look overpowered at times.

Carbine: Pierce through armor ability. <3 Would still have the carbiner dead to a high accuracy smg/ar before a 2nd shot gets off(even with a carbine at 100% accuracy...), so still not that sexy. But it'd make it at least possibly worth using.

Shotgun: If it was up to me...I'd have servers max out at 10 player slots(with extra open for specs maybe...), give the shotgun more boom close range, but super ugly spread so it can't snipe. But every pub I play these days has 90% more or less shotguns. so keel it. <3

Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 11, 05:12AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: and take away some kickback of AR + add some spread over distance.

what...
more spread for the automatic guns?
that just makes the game LESS skilled...
if anything all the automatic guns need less spread, that way players with good aim would be more rewarded and hit more...
Thanks given by: