Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
I am also able to wait since I don't hate the current version. I just don't like the fact, that many pros/good, known players left because of this version. That's sad imo. And I guess as long as this version stays, these good, known players will leave.

Though I totally agree that the release can take as long as it needs, if the wanted balance is perfectly done then
Thanks given by:
(03 Jul 11, 05:56PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: I’m not quite sure what the Devs are supposed to do about weapon balance.
Every issue we whinge about some weapon or other.
Perfect balance isn’t possible just because of the nature of the choice of weapon and the map we chose to use it on.
The majority of players tend to stick to one weapon only, no matter what the map conditions and state of game play, this I feel is part of the problem.
So exactly what are we complaining about now?
According to some it’s the shotgun, others say the A&R.
I see plenty of SMG players doing well. Does this mean the SMG needs nerfing as well?
As pointed out above players like Damiahn seem to play well with sniper.
Perhaps the balance isn’t so far out and it’s the players lack of willingness to adapt.

(A&R, SMG and occasional shotgun player learning OSOK atm)

I never asked myself how devs measure what is supposedly to be balanced or unbalanced, but make every weapon reliable.

Though, i see the opposite effect, because this game works in a way where we claim for a balance when we look out for a weapon which must be reliable for all our needs every time, why? imo could be many reasons, the little impact that maps have on guns(1), or that AC is a fast paced game and is not that complex to get hang of it, or simply that weapons can't fit the style this game have or intended to have.

In past version we had two guns which no matter where or how you used them it had a substantial effect among rest that you never had to think about sorting weapons for specific maps, 1.i can name a few but the effect was the same in the end. Maybe on pubs is less obvious, but in clan matches is clear to see the difference and the hierarchy on guns that have always existed.

All in all if we ever see a balance i probably would see my options straight. If I don't see any use on a gun that could have less use than other which probably could do the same or better i'll not think it twice and keep the most effective one and stand the whole game without problems than with it.

and for sake of make worth my words i use to switch weapons in this game but i barely do it 1-2 times per game. or simply just pick one of the weapons for a entire round. truth is i don't find essential make use of different weapons when i can have the same or better result with one.

cough, imo.
Thanks given by:
I LOVE THE SVN, and my servers will be on next ver when it comes out
Thanks given by:
We do what we can with the circumstances we're given, people forget that it's a non-profit thing sometimes I think...
Thanks given by:
No Bukz I didn't forget that, never. As I said I do not care how long it needs. I know that you do not earn anything and this is why I do respect you. I don't like the fact, that so many players left because of this version.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 11, 12:50PM)M__Stayla Wrote: No Bukz I didn't forget that, never. As I said I do not care how long it needs. I know that you do not earn anything and this is why I do respect you. I don't like the fact, that so many players left because of this version.

Many people cite balance as the issue but I do wonder if it's poor hit-registration that just made their weapon seem weak even though the intended balance was fine.

Maybe this game would be better with regular releases every six months? Smaller releases more frequently is less of a risk and also more enjoyable.
Thanks given by:
Tbh, I'm already bored with this version :/
Thanks given by:
so am I.
Thanks given by:
Me too. Release it soon and organize an official release cup!
Thanks given by:
* Nightmare wants the combat pistol.

Now thats something thats never being released ;)
for a long time most likely :'(
Thanks given by:
Sorry ahead of time, I don't have the life or time to search the thread for what I'm about to post so I don't know if it's already been brought up before... Even so, I suggest maybe making all the guns 100% accurate, which means no spread. Only the shotty should have spread of course. Since I'm in a bunch of matches, all I hear is, "what the heck, I shot you" or "wow, no reg. stupid AC."

I think it would change game play dramatically. In some situations, I have hit players point blank in the chest, and guess what?... There is no hit registration what so ever. Blame it on the server, lag, whatever you want. Over all I think taking the spread off and making guns 100% accurate would help either way.

I also think, (correct me if I'm wrong) that most fps games have 100% accurate weapons other than the shotty.

Please don't flame me. This is just my opinion. You know what they say, opinions are like noses... Everybody has one, except for Michael Jackson...
Thanks given by:
By making every weapon 100% accurate you leave the skill part out, even worse skilled players with very good aim will never miss a shot, how does that affect the game? It does quite a lot, and o don't know how many fps have you played but any fps out there has a 100% accurate weapon.

The weapons are accurate, you are the one that fails at shooting them.
Thanks given by:
I don't think I've ever played an FPS where all of the weapons are 100% accurate...
Having spread and recoil means that you have to put in the effort to learn techniques such as burst fire to use them efficiently. What fun would it be if all there was to DM was aiming perfectly and shooting?
Thanks given by:
Making the sniper shooting "no-scope" no spread wouldnt give problems =)

(please, please , pleaasee)
Thanks given by:
Be able to lay prone.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 11, 11:01AM)Huntsman Wrote: Be able to lay prone.

Be able to read one goddamn untrolled thread.
Thanks given by:
xD prone would change things up so much.
Have a bunch of dropshooters running around. :p
lol
Thanks given by:
I still don't get how that is a balance issue.
Thanks given by:
True...
so yeah...
Shotgun is evil.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 11, 10:30AM)cOGhost Wrote: Making the sniper shooting "no-scope" no spread wouldnt give problems =)

(please, please , pleaasee)

maybe but in flash-scope it's the same (about 180ms after the clic right?) the spray stay even if you are scoping
it's an easy way against script/hacks but i dislike when i fail a damit flashscope (don't imagine if i was against a rifle)

Thanks given by:
shotgun is looking good. not too overly powered, but enough to still make some kills.
Thanks given by:
Exactly :D
Which is good.
pubs get loaded with shotgunners and it gets ugly :(
Thanks given by:
i agree :/
i think the shotgun wouldnt be so bad if it didnt insta-kill when you fall into a shotgunner's range lol thats what annoys me the most >_>
Thanks given by:
But if it wasn't a one hit kill even at close range, nobody would use it. The whole point of the shotgun is as a powerful close range weapon.
So, if you can't nerf damage, what can you nerf? How about clip size. (i.e. double barrel shotgun)
Thanks given by:
What jam meant was the shotgun's current "close range" is across douze and they might as well put a scope on it. Super exaggeration ftw but yeah. :D
Thanks given by:
in the map editor make it so the you can make new floors from walls(like comming out of a wall)
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 11, 03:03AM)Nightmare Wrote: What jam meant was the shotgun's current "close range" is across douze and they might as well put a scope on it. Super exaggeration ftw but yeah. :D

Wanna know what that comes from? The shotgun damage is now more centered around the actual line of fire, because people kept complaining about nooby shotgunners who wouldn't aim.
Thanks given by:
SVN version is good ;)

* Nightmare snipes tempest with a headshot from across douze with the current shotgun.
<3
Thanks given by:
EDIT: was joking but reread and removed anyway just cos.

Cloud: You can't do that with the Cube engine. Cube 2 can do it, but the closest you will get in AC is adding platform mapmodels and changing the texture.
Thanks given by:
Exciting octo-something editor.
Thanks given by: