Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
I'm up for the changes to the sniper. As players with much FPS are automaticly very strong if they use AR / smg I think its fair to power up the sniper to make it balanced again. And ofcourse I want to play like I used to play on 1.0.4. As you maybe know, as .cO'|Burn.
Thanks given by:
Sniper, Shotgun, AR all have special abilities that make them great. SVN keeps those abilities intact(so far) so thats good.(headshot/close range boom/rifle sprinting)

SMG's only specialty was it's recoil is slightly easier than the AR. Now instead of making it even less and strengthening it's specialty, it's recoil has become insane.

The Carbine clearly needss a boost, but without making it too sniper-ish. hmm....true semi-auto, 40 damage, 6 round magazine? xD
Thanks given by:
The recoil of the SMG it's a lot less than it was in 1.0 in the SVN it's a mixure of the both recoils, as for the carbine hs it's lame to ask that, it's having a sniper with a crosshair, and for many that's an unfair advantage, so I don't see the point of it.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 11, 05:38PM)Nightmare Wrote: The Carbine clearly needss a boost, but without making it too sniper-ish. hmm....true semi-auto, 40 damage, 6 round magazine? xD

whats wrong with this? :(

Thanks given by:
Double Barrel Shotgun!111! I'm serious.

If you want keep the power and everything the same for shotty fine with me, but if you make it two bullets, people actually have to use their brains before shooting, and makes them vulnerable when they are just shooting stupidly, like all shotgun noobs do today.
Thanks given by:
^this+nightmare's carbine <3
Thanks given by:
By this, do you mean two shots per reload on shotgun?
I could dig that, if reload interrupt or one-at-a-time reload is implemented.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, sure V-Man. Able to cancel reload whenever you wish and also able to reload whenever you wish.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 11, 04:47PM)burnyy Wrote: I'm up for the changes to the sniper. As players with much FPS are automaticly very strong if they use AR / smg I think its fair to power up the sniper to make it balanced again. And ofcourse I want to play like I used to play on 1.0.4. As you maybe know, as .cO'|Burn.

So basically you want to empower even more players who have more fps (compared to those who don't)?
Thanks given by:
Is a sniper hit still 80 damage? THAT SUCKS

and, Lol want to make assaultrifle overpowerd again? THAT SUCKS
Thanks given by:
Yes its 80, any more is crazy.
and they are weakening the AR. ;)
Thanks given by:
Yes, it probally matters a lot.

100:24= 4.x--> u need 5 bullets
100:22=4.x--> u need 5 bullets

Hey Hey i can calculate xD

Weakening my ass, everybody was happy about 1.04 just make sniper&ar&smg like in that version and everyone'll be happy

In a clanmatch the only person that still uses a sniper is sanzo&alive...

1.04 One third of the players where snipers and i think 80% of that third already left
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 11, 11:21PM)cOGhost Wrote: Yes, it probally matters a lot.

Now add helmets in your calcul...

BTW: mappers add to mutch helmets on maps, it's good in pubs but in CM it began to harrased me...

ac_mines:
-2 kevlars
-7 healths (already a lot)
-3 helmets (+175% of kevlar yeah)

Remember the real ac_depot when the kevlar room was a tactical room, when you were had to fight for, now kevlar are given WTF AT RESPAWNS!
Now it's so easy to have 100-100...
SMG are really affected by helmets (more than 8,9...10? bullets to kill with the horrible spread, the hit bug...)
Sniper (1 bullet+ 3 pistol bullets or 2 KNIFE?!)
lol

And btw ive an idea for a new weapon. add a nuclear weapon as a pickup wo can be found in CLA base (in aqueous) or in RVSF base (in outpost HTF only) used only by "legacy." members who kill all enemys.
They should be happy.

Thanks given by:
I see snipers in clan matches pretty often ;)
maybe we just play against different clans though. :o

Thanks given by:
I do Play sniper, its a matter of practice, the sniper still owns, Damiahn of #M|A# it's one amazing sniper so is Undead
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 11, 01:06AM).ExodusS* Wrote: And btw ive an idea for a new weapon. add a nuclear weapon as a pickup wo can be found in CLA base (in aqueous) or in RVSF base (in outpost HTF only) used only by "legacy." members who kill all enemys.
They should be happy.

mad
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 11, 01:06AM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(27 Jun 11, 11:21PM)cOGhost Wrote: Yes, it probally matters a lot.

Now add helmets in your calcul...

BTW: mappers add to mutch helmets on maps, it's good in pubs but in CM it began to harrased me...

ac_mines:
-2 kevlars
-7 healths (already a lot)
-3 helmets (+175% of kevlar yeah)

Remember the real ac_depot when the kevlar room was a tactical room, when you were had to fight for, now kevlar are given WTF AT RESPAWNS!
Now it's so easy to have 100-100...
SMG are really affected by helmets (more than 8,9...10? bullets to kill with the horrible spread, the hit bug...)
Sniper (1 bullet+ 3 pistol bullets or 2 KNIFE?!)
lol

And btw ive an idea for a new weapon. add a nuclear weapon as a pickup wo can be found in CLA base (in aqueous) or in RVSF base (in outpost HTF only) used only by "legacy." members who kill all enemys.
They should be happy.

And again for assaultrifle it almost doesnt matter, i'm not 100% sure but u need only 7 bullets to kill someone with 100hp &100 armor.
2 bullets more, wow

AR is even so overpowerd that when ur out of the base in depot you just have to riflerun and ur in 3secs safe..

Playing with smg or sniper now is playing left handed. Assaultrifle pwns it all.

And jackrock, ask me for a 1v1 with snipe, i'll proof i can snipe too :)

Thanks given by:
The developers should consider making all spread centered instead of uniformly distributed. This would be a good balance between lowering spread while still better rewarding better aim.

To achieve this change line 810 in server.cpp to:

Quote:#define RNDD (rnd(spread)+rnd(spread)-spread)*f/2.0f
Thanks given by:
Double barrel shotgun! YES! this would require a new hudgun, but I think it would help the shotgun a lot. It would be able to keep it's high power, but would now require some more skill.

As for "true semi-auto" I am assuming you mean that it fires as fast as you can click? I think that could be doable, although you might still want a slight (300ms?) delay so that it doesn't get too out of hand. of course, along with this you would need either less damage or smaller clips, otherwise it would be too overpowered.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jul 11, 11:02PM)Lantry Wrote: Double barrel shotgun! YES! this would require a new hudgun, but I think it would help the shotgun a lot. It would be able to keep it's high power, but would now require some more skill.

As for "true semi-auto" I am assuming you mean that it fires as fast as you can click? I think that could be doable, although you might still want a slight (300ms?) delay so that it doesn't get too out of hand. of course, along with this you would need either less damage or smaller clips, otherwise it would be too overpowered.

Agree with everything in this post.
And in my "true semi auto post" I mentioned 40 damage and a 6 round clip. ;)
and yeah click away, fire away. :D

double barrel shotgun would be nice, I absolutely hate the shotgun nowadays.
Thanks given by:
I'm getting Nightmare and Wolf confused...>.<
Dang avatars!
Thanks given by:
Why do we even talk about this topic...
Thanks given by:
To discuss the balance of weapons in the upcoming release (SVN).
Thanks given by:
Which will never get released anyway.
Thanks given by:
xD Mr. Negative.
Thanks given by:
IT WILL SO :'(
* Frogulis waits awkwardly...
Thanks given by:
[Image: 8581992.jpg]

Thanks given by:
9_9
Because y'all will whine even louder if they released it before everything was ready.
Thanks given by:
I’m not quite sure what the Devs are supposed to do about weapon balance.
Every issue we whinge about some weapon or other.
Perfect balance isn’t possible just because of the nature of the choice of weapon and the map we chose to use it on.
The majority of players tend to stick to one weapon only, no matter what the map conditions and state of game play, this I feel is part of the problem.
So exactly what are we complaining about now?
According to some it’s the shotgun, others say the A&R.
I see plenty of SMG players doing well. Does this mean the SMG needs nerfing as well?
As pointed out above players like Damiahn seem to play well with sniper.
Perhaps the balance isn’t so far out and it’s the players lack of willingness to adapt.

(A&R, SMG and occasional shotgun player learning OSOK atm)
Thanks given by:
* Nightmare will whine if the shotgun can still splatter him from across douze.

Also my Y U NO meme was @ the guy saying it wouldn't be released. :)
I personally don't care how long it takes as long as it's good.
Thanks given by: