Ideas
I suppose you could script something to record your editing actions and replay them later. You'd likely have to write a wrapper alias for every editing command but each one would be relatively simple.

Is there any way to measure the time elapsed since the last command was entered?
Thanks given by:
To be honest, while it may be possible, recording/storing every action made to a map during its construction into a cubescript alias (or even aliases) is far-fetched.

It also would not be possible in coop, since theres no way of knowing what other clients are executing/manipulating via cubescript.

I brought it up because I noticed this mentioned in /source/src/CUBE_TODO.txt:

Quote:- load demo of map editing -> crash?

...which suggests that it was an attempted/planned original feature of CUBE.

---

About measuring the time elapsed between command executions, there is no current way of knowing no. Maybe there should be a hardcoded variable for such things.

Pseudocode:
[cubescript]echo $lastcommandtime
echo time since last command execution: (divf (- (millis) $lastcommandtime) 1000) seconds[/cubescript]

Should be do-able, could you give an example of what it may be useful for?
Thanks given by:
Well I thought it would be useful, if it already existed, for recording map editing commands. Which I still believe isn't too impractical. One byte specifies the command, two bytes for time elapsed(It really isn't necessary to wait more than 65535ms even if more time has elapsed), and maybe 8 more bytes at most for parameters.

I stored aliases of several kilobytes in size when I wrote the map parsing script that I used to generate a bird's-eye-view of map solids and heightfields. That's why I say I don't think it would be infeasible.
Thanks given by:
An optional sign on screen. When the game starts it gives you the option to play as a nickname or sign in to your forums account. That why you can keep track an your stats and not rely on those ladder servers. Your stats will be shown in your profile or something.Also a way to show names that are registered and nicknames differently. (like you can add colors to your sign in name but not to the nick name,or nick names would be a different color from signed in names. ex. nick names would be white while sign in names would be yellow.)
Thanks given by:
Ban disconnecting players for 5 seconds.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 12, 03:54PM)Mael Wrote: Ban disconnecting players for 5 seconds.
What would be the use of that? Only situation that comes to my mind is when you want to make a player get out of a server because you are organizing a private match, though you could simply ban them and remove their ban once you close the server.
Thanks given by:
Prevents connect spam. Some people are sad enough they connect/disconnect & repeat just to spam. I don't understand it.

Though I think there were servers that had 5 second bans on disconnecting players so it is possible to do now.
Thanks given by:
The server owners and/or masterserver should ban clients that misuse such basic game features period, not for just 5 seconds.

In reality adding a 5 second auto-ban on disconnect would only inconvenience legitimate players more than annoying spammers IMHO.

---

@Mael: I retract my earlier statement about cubescript aliases not being able to store a lot of data, been messing around with this SVN script today, and I've stored about 90 kb, 194.8936 kb worth of data into 1 alias so far without any huge issues. (the script really sucks, its kinda fun to mess with though :P - and playbackPositions causes an ungodly lag which hangs AC while the engine tries to finish the massive loop, but if you're patient, the script does work, at least on my system)

I'm assuming that my formula of (divf (+ (strlen $ALIAS) 1) 1024) is a fairly accurate guess at how many kb an alias will take up in memory. (give a few bytes to account for the alias name, and whatever else AC may throw in it)

Now I'm really curious what the max amount of data 1 cubescript alias can store is - reliably anyways.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 12, 03:54AM)Bukz Wrote: Now I'm really curious what the max amount of data 1 cubescript alias can store is - reliably anyways.
Whatever amount your OS is willing to assign in a single block, I assume. That could be dozens of megabytes.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 12, 10:45AM)Think3r Wrote: An optional sign on screen. When the game starts it gives you the option to play as a nickname or sign in to your forums account. That why you can keep track an your stats and not rely on those ladder servers. Your stats will be shown in your profile or something.Also a way to show names that are registered and nicknames differently. (like you can add colors to your sign in name but not to the nick name,or nick names would be a different color from signed in names. ex. nick names would be white while sign in names would be yellow.)
I used to love te idea of an overall stats record but now that i think about it the more i appreciate the ladders. They bring all the pros to few servers and keep them out of the noob servers. I dont mean to sound like a jerk but this is how it should be. Noobs play untill they are good enough to play ladders then there is always good competition for everyone :)
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 12, 03:14AM)Tac WuBBStePP Wrote: I used to love te idea of an overall stats record but now that i think about it the more i appreciate the ladders. They bring all the pros to few servers and keep them out of the noob servers. I dont mean to sound like a jerk but this is how it should be. Noobs play untill they are good enough to play ladders then there is always good competition for everyone :)

That's why people make Ranked/un-ranked servers.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 12, 03:14AM)Tac WuBBStePP Wrote:
(13 Jun 12, 10:45AM)Think3r Wrote: An optional sign on screen. When the game starts it gives you the option to play as a nickname or sign in to your forums account. That why you can keep track an your stats and not rely on those ladder servers. Your stats will be shown in your profile or something.Also a way to show names that are registered and nicknames differently. (like you can add colors to your sign in name but not to the nick name,or nick names would be a different color from signed in names. ex. nick names would be white while sign in names would be yellow.)
I used to love te idea of an overall stats record but now that i think about it the more i appreciate the ladders. They bring all the pros to few servers and keep them out of the noob servers. I dont mean to sound like a jerk but this is how it should be. Noobs play untill they are good enough to play ladders then there is always good competition for everyone :)
Funny that you say that, ladder games now are so low-skilled that it's quite rare to find skilled players in pubs.
Thanks given by:
Elevate scorch slightly so it does not conflict with the surface the grenade exploded on, as seen in this image:

[Image: 10fqk3p.jpg]

Also I have the best scorch.png you can not deny it:

[Image: 2mhzv4k.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 03:28AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(18 Jun 12, 03:14AM)Tac WuBBStePP Wrote:
Funny that you say that, ladder games now are so low-skilled that it's quite rare to find skilled players in pubs.
Youre saying bob, tyd, sj, mys ladders arent as competitive as the other servers? They always have more skill compared. You are still right though pubs arent near as skilled as inters but thats expected of any game.
Thanks given by:
ProSmoke I was comparing the ladder servers these days to the ones back in 1.0.4. Let's just get back on topic.
Thanks given by:
here'sone, if the devs could go through the ideas thread and come up with a comprehensive list of things they'd be willing to add to the game, maybe other people (not me, i'm lazy) could lend a hand by coding it themselves. this may alleviate extra burden on the devs, get more community involvement, and appease the masses of people that post in this thread. cheers
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 12, 07:35AM)Waffles Wrote: here'sone, if the devs could go through the ideas thread and come up with a comprehensive list of things they'd be willing to add to the game, maybe other people (not me, i'm lazy) could lend a hand by coding it themselves. this may alleviate extra burden on the devs, get more community involvement, and appease the masses of people that post in this thread. cheers

Waffles for dev.
Thanks given by:
Ensure all settings are properly saved. It's quite annoying having to disable voicecoms every time I start AC.

(14 Jun 12, 03:54AM)Bukz Wrote: In reality adding a 5 second auto-ban on disconnect would only inconvenience legitimate players more than annoying spammers IMHO.

How would it inconvenience anyone? Who is disconnecting from a server and reconnecting within 5 seconds and why? Maybe you accidentally disconnect from a server but I can't see that happening often. It's only 5 seconds when it does.
Thanks given by:
56k users lag out of the server all the time, waiting 5 seconds after each lag out before being able to reconnect would only be a nuisance for legit players really.

If it were implemented it shouldn't be applied in match/private server modes IMO.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 12, 01:35AM)Mael Wrote: Ensure all settings are properly saved. It's quite annoying having to disable voicecoms every time I start AC.

Yes please. I always have to create my favourited server settings again when I start up.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 12, 01:35AM)Mael Wrote: Ensure all settings are properly saved. It's quite annoying having to disable voicecoms every time I start AC.
Does it work if you run assaultcube_release.bat instead of assaultcube.bat?
Thanks given by:
[Image: 4ai5w.gif]

Nuff said
Thanks given by:
^awesome
Thanks given by:
So you can force people to spectate mode.
Thanks given by:

(14 Jun 12, 03:54AM)Bukz Wrote: In reality adding a 5 second auto-ban on disconnect would only inconvenience legitimate players more than annoying spammers IMHO.

How would it inconvenience anyone? Who is disconnecting from a server and reconnecting within 5 seconds and why? Maybe you accidentally disconnect from a server but I can't see that happening often. It's only 5 seconds when it does.
At least make it disabled when mastermode is set on 1 or 2, no one spam connects there anyway and I'd see it be more bothersome (accidently d/c during a match and waste 5 seconds of that match just cause you can't reconnect); regarding pubs I'm indifferent.
Thanks given by:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7420/...1c636a.png
skymap lower at one point next to the rest of the skymap. Rattrap of course.
Thanks given by:
That was done on purpose, to create the effect of differently heighted buildings.
Thanks given by:
I've done similar things without doing that. .__.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 12, 12:44PM)Nightmare Wrote: I've done similar things without doing that. .__.

[Image: KVovj.png]
Thanks given by:
tbh, that technique looks horrible.
Thanks given by: