Ideas
Has a melee system ever been discussed for AC?
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 03:12PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Has a melee system ever been discussed for AC?
I've always wanted a "head-but" option (H key) when close to enemy.

Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 11:15PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote:
(16 Jan 12, 03:12PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Has a melee system ever been discussed for AC?
I've always wanted a "head-but" option (H key) when close to enemy.
Pfft, kicking is so much cooler.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 12, 09:26PM)V-Man Wrote: ac_power
MWSJTRABOP number 1

ac_werk
MWSJTRABOP number 2
That is pretty much exactly what I mean. I haven't played werk. But I loved playing keep the flag on power, and I'd jump on to the 'thing' on the way to the cla base, then onto the top of the door and then I jumped on a series of other doors to get to somewhere I could leave the computer on and I'd still be alive with the flag. It was great, I just wish it led somewhere. Or where you could grenade jump over a generator into a corner where no-one could find you. But that is the sort of thing I wish there was more of, it added a new dimension to the map, and meant you could utilise a different kind of skill altogether.
Thanks given by:
Orynge Wrote:Pfft, kicking is so much cooler.
Isn't there a kicking animation made already? At least part ways?

I liked HUNK's kick in Resident Evil 4.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 07:34PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:
Orynge Wrote:Pfft, kicking is so much cooler.
Isn't there a kicking animation made already? At least part ways?

MATAZAR MADE THE GIF !!! :D
Thanks given by:
If you mean this gif:
[Image: saskick.gif]
He didnt.

Doesn't the knife already fulfill the melee's purpose?
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 12, 07:29PM)AC Slater Wrote: Doesn't the knife already fulfill the melee's purpose?
I think Myke was talking about pistol-whipping etc.
I don't think that will fit in with the game, although it could be pretty cool.
Thanks given by:
Press V, 1, and 9 to say a voicecom: "Splatter!"
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 12, 07:29PM)AC Slater Wrote: If you mean this gif:
He didnt.

You could easy make a mod where, instead of a knife its just no weapon untill you click and a leg comes flying out of no-where and kicks them in the face. hahah. splatters too.

Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 12, 01:06PM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(19 Jan 12, 07:29PM)AC Slater Wrote: If you mean this gif:
He didnt.

You could easy make a mod where, instead of a knife its just no weapon untill you click and a leg comes flying out of no-where and kicks them in the face. hahah. splatters too.
I made something like that for personal purpose long time ago. It just needs the kick animation to be replaced with the attack animation, and it's done!

Thanks given by:
I also made it sometimes ago..
Phew, I have to look if it's still in my source files...
Thanks given by:
Dont, know where to put this...
Make this and official theme:
Assault Cube ART:

ART <--- LINK

[Image: 5cq3h.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I really think we have to think about what is or could be fun and do what we can to help those ideas come to life. And I think the best place to start is the modes. AC's modes are lacking flavor and originality. I can't play another game of CTF/TDM, I've had as much as I can swallow.

Reading over the "Any game mode you want." thread there are some decent ideas but I'd like to see something really original. We can do Zombies/Juggernaut/Infection but let's do it our way.

I did see this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGZnM88yZps in the above thread. I haven't played it and I don't know how it works but I might enjoy a mode where players become visible when they move/shoot.
Thanks given by:
(03 Feb 12, 03:53AM)Mael Wrote: ...
F1.
The game modes need more flavour.

@Ghost mode: Sound-whoring and camping would be a problem, though.
Thanks given by:
I love the ideas everyone posted in this thread. But, NO ONE has ever made, or what I least consider. "Lights Out Game". Now, Lights Out is basically your regular death-match with only knifes. BUT! The map is completely dark! Maybe a flashlight option would be given to you.
Thanks given by:
That would be boring in no time... And forget flashlight, not possible (as yet).
Thanks given by:
prolly not feasible but... only in team related games having a medic, just a pistol but strong armour and healing (on whatever rate) teamates within a certain radius.
Thanks given by:
A HTC gametype.
Hold the cube.

King of the hill basicly, but its a glowing/flashing cube you have to stay inside.
Thanks given by:
I've been seeing a great many complaints about lag and laggers recently and I had this idea. I don't know if it's feasible, but what about adding geolocation to the serverbrowser. A small flag showing the server location so players can choose a server nearer to them. The Ping column is not always an accurate measure of the servers actual playability, ie I usually play on my server with a ping of around 70 but on the serverbrowser I regularly see it shows 200+ and higher.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 12, 06:06PM)MykeGregory Wrote: A HTC gametype.
Hold the cube.

King of the hill basicly, but its a glowing/flashing cube you have to stay inside.

a king of the hill idea is also going around in this thread:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4765-page-2.html

Hill maps are needed =D
Thanks given by:
Afraid I haven't been able to test this in SVN but I'd really like the shadows through solids fixed if at all possible. E.G. In ac_werk's "bridge" or ac_power's "upstairs" you can tell players are walking up there from below by observing their shadows (so you can't be sneaky :/)
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 12, 07:25AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Afraid I haven't been able to test this in SVN but I'd really like the shadows through solids fixed if at all possible. E.G. In ac_werk's "bridge" or ac_power's "upstairs" you can tell players are walking up there from below by observing their shadows (so you can't be sneaky :/)
AFAIK, that's an engine fault and we can't do much about it.
Thanks given by:
Wolf is right, those are mapmodels, not "solids".

Feel free to code an alternative, but I doubt it would be easy to do.
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 12, 07:25AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Afraid I haven't been able to test this in SVN but I'd really like the shadows through solids fixed if at all possible. E.G. In ac_werk's "bridge" or ac_power's "upstairs" you can tell players are walking up there from below by observing their shadows (so you can't be sneaky :/)
(11 Feb 12, 08:09AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: AFAIK, that's an engine fault and we can't do much about it.
(11 Feb 12, 08:13AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Wolf is right, those are mapmodels, not "solids".
Feel free to code an alternative, but I doubt it would be easy to do.

I guess the simplest thing to do is to get rid of the playermodel's mdlshadowdist, I don't think it would harm the visual effect in general.

Thanks given by:
Here is an idea... we should be able to shoot through flags.
After all, the flag is only made out of fabric and highspeed bullets cant go through them. :(
I have missed out on many a headshot because of this.
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 12, 11:09AM)MykeGregory Wrote: Here is an idea... we should be able to shoot through flags.
After all, the flag is only made out of fabric and highspeed bullets cant go through them. :(
I have missed out on many a headshot because of this.

Haha yeah I defend the flag in ac_douze... taking cover behind the flag.

I think it'd be cool if mapmodels had a "shootthrough" value (true/false) and a sound for shooting through (bullet through metal)

Although that may not fit in.
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 12, 09:06PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Haha yeah I defend the flag in ac_douze... taking cover behind the flag.

[Image: campingq.jpg]

Not to mention ac_douche...

Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 12, 08:13AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: mapmodels, not "solids".

It happens in ac_douze -- the ammobox casting a shadow onto the corner by the main stairs. I guess this happens with corner cubes, as well?

(11 Feb 12, 11:02PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote:
(11 Feb 12, 09:06PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Haha yeah I defend the flag in ac_douze... taking cover behind the flag.
[img]

It's pretty effective. Enemy snipers seem to have a lot of trouble hitting me :P

And I didn't mean to imply I do this often (or even CTF ac_douze often) just saying it works cause bullets don't go through.

Thanks given by:
Hmm, I guess it would be counted as an unfair modification if the flag models were modded to be just the pole? (because you would then be able to shoot through the flag, but others wouldn't be able to)
Thanks given by: