Ideas
(03 Jan 12, 10:04PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Perhaps it shouldn't really be named Gema though. Maps with some jumps that require a bit of precision can be fun. <3

Official acronym: MWSJTRABOP
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 12, 11:03PM)V-Man Wrote: Official acronym: MWSJTRABOP

Was gonna say that, but didn't want to confuse people. <3
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see a gema game mode added. DM, but with disabled bullet damage on players. I don't understand the hostility by some people toward gema maps, or for that matter any maps. Don't like it? Don't play it.
Thanks given by:
Amen.

Offtopic: Lol still GunZ tag.
Thanks given by:
No no, a gema mode is certainly overkill. I appreciate that there is a gema community, and I don't mind them myselves. (Apart from Al_Bundy. He's a disgrace.) It'd be foolish to remove the gema's, which in turn would remove the players (Bearing in mind they still play regular AC! Well, at least some do.)

Perhaps the way to do this, would be to have a seperate server list of modified servers. We've seen plenty of good ideas, such as ones beneficial to improving the "Gemas". However, I think the player limit of these servers should be reduced, so that everyone doesn't run away >_>
Thanks given by:
/clockstats 1
Thanks given by:
While creating a new game mode for gema may seem overkill, I can see it's upsides. If you really desire to play it, then you'd look for a server that has it, and even more so, if you don't, you avoid the ones that do have it. That simple.

The disabled bullet damage would save gema server admins trouble of kicking unruly players (In the case of gema) every 5 minutes.
Thanks given by:
I have same views as snoosnoo about the GEMA business (as long as it doesn't impose over the original stuff).

I think the best way is not to disable bullet damage but to autokick as soon as a player hits another, in this case anyone would also have to be careful of where they shoot and thus in time will improve the aiming as well as that kangaroo nonsense of yours.
Thanks given by:
But, would official GEMA maps have to be made to go with that game mode? They couldn't be played on other modes, most likely.
Thanks given by:
no, there would be no need to have any gema maps in the official package, just having a gema mode would be enough.
or, as snoosnoo said, a separate server list displaying modified servers. In fact, this is probably the better option, since it helps all sorts of moddings, not just gemas, while still keeping the original game in the fore.
The way I am thinking of it, you would have the standard server list displayed when you hit "multiplayer", and you would have to hit f8 or summat to display the mod server list. That way, the new players and most casual players won't even see the modded server list, but if you know the way to see the modded server list you can easily play modded servers.
Thanks given by:
To be honest, you can actually make high quality looking Gema maps. I think the thing that annoys the regulars are they they are poor quality. I've made a couple of great looking gema's in my time, yet never released. They're lost now. Lol.

[Image: gema.png]

A small example of the possibilities in a GOOD gema
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 12, 10:04PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Lol at Gema arguements. Reality is, a lot of people like gema's. Better to have the addition than not. I think you'll find that some maps tastefully have gema aspects in. (Ever jumped for the helmet + health in the douze pillar? GEMA. How about rifle jumping rather than going up the ladder in ac_outpost? GEMA.)

Perhaps it shouldn't really be named Gema though. Maps with some jumps that require a bit of precision can be fun. <3
Yes, I think it would be nice to play a map where being able to jump with precision is a necessity to perform well though. I'd make it myself if I played the game still.
Thanks given by:
MWSJTRABOP official map f1
Thanks given by:
ac_power
MWSJTRABOP number 1

ac_werk
MWSJTRABOP number 2
Thanks given by:
I think every official map has some available "GEMA" style gameplay, camping spots or not :P
Thanks given by:
What the hell, doesn't sound so bad :)
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 12, 06:06PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: I've made a couple of great looking gema's in my time, yet never released.

DaylixX made gema_metal it was pretty nice
Spako made gema_b&w who was just OMG
Thanks given by:
I demand to see these.
Thanks given by:
Im guessing you mean this metal gema?
aw_GEMA-Met@l
other one was also nice
aw_Gema-Tarzan
http://www.mediafire.com/?ao3o3iipeinujmn

gema_b&w I dont have.
Thanks given by:
Ladders is not even correctly "fixed".... the height of the ladder "AND" the distance from the ladder to the ground "Count" as the climbable area to climb.

If the ladder is 10 cubes away from the ground, they can still climb the ladder due to the function of combined UP and Down key
Thanks given by:
Raising the level of ladder ent. F1 <3
Thanks given by:
They were made on the 1.0! :D

And "tarzan" one was made by $p@k0 too :P (not so bad)
Thanks given by:
Would it be possible to add a server switch to load nickname whitelist's, what i mean is that each clan would keep their own memberlist on their website and something like this would be added to the servercmdline.txt

-NW config/BoB_whitelist.txt
-NW config/DES_Whitelist.txt
etc

Using this I could use "wget -N -P /path/to/config/DES_whitelist.txt http://URL/DES_whitelist.txt " to auto update each list when they are updated by the clan.

Maybe this could also be done for the IP Blacklist too.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jan 12, 01:02PM)Billybob Wrote: Would it be possible to add a server switch to load nickname whitelist's, what i mean is that each clan would keep their own memberlist on their website and something like this would be added to the servercmdline.txt

etc

Using this I could use "wget -N -P /path/to/config/DES_whitelist.txt http://URL/DES_whitelist.txt " to auto update each list when they are updated by the clan.

vert good idea for the nickname whitelist but i'm not ok with the BL
only server owners could update it (admine abuse) to keep the BL thread (who is very important) alive.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jan 12, 01:02PM)Billybob Wrote: Would it be possible to add a server switch to load nickname whitelist's, what i mean is that each clan would keep their own memberlist on their website and something like this would be added to the servercmdline.txt

etc

F1 to that.

(12 Jan 12, 01:39PM).ExodusS* Wrote: vert good idea for the nickname whitelist but i'm not ok with the BL
only server owners could update it (admine abuse) to keep the BL thread (who is very important) alive.
Admin ban dont mean they are added to blacklist.
Its serverswitch -kB that set vote ban time.
-kBN Sets the minutes a banned player will stay banned on the server (default: 20).
Command-line arguments

Server owners should of course only download blacklist from trusted sources.
Thanks given by:
-option to enable hitsound in spec mode (for the person you are speccing)
-show kill msgs for the person you are speccing
-show flags and/or frags somewhere in the hud in spec mode (so you don't have to keep hitting tab)
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 12, 06:21AM)Lantry Wrote: -show flags and/or flags

I like repetition.

Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 12, 06:21AM)Lantry Wrote: -option to enable hitsound in spec mode (for the person you are speccing)
already implemented, please check the changelog before posting..

Thanks given by:
lol sorry lucas, that's probably where I got the idea in the first place :X
and yeah I was posting at half one in the morning, sorry for the typo. I am glad you appreciated it, cemer.
Thanks given by:
Look Hellspell this is a fine example of what kind of map you are looking for, IMO:

[Image: VSX2Ys.jpg]

http://www.mediafire.com/?tq2ujnop1tf6ja7

[Image: H14xcs.jpg]
Thanks given by: