Ideas
How does we counts every entities we add to the map? ( Total of the entities )
Thanks given by:
[cubescript]/entstats[/cubescript]
Thanks given by:
Anti-impersonator device...
Not allowing someone to change his nickname to an already existing one ingame?
Thanks given by:
/auth
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 11, 11:33AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Anti-impersonator device...
Not allowing someone to change his nickname to an already existing one ingame?
What if the impersonator is already using your name before you connect to a server? :\
Thanks given by:
This concerns only nickname changes whilst a game is on.
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 11, 01:02PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: This concerns only nickname changes whilst a game is on.

Wouldn't change much, the about-to-be impersonator could just disconnect and come back again.
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 11, 01:37PM)Orynge Wrote: Wouldn't change much, the about-to-be impersonator could just disconnect and come back again.
Yep, you got a point there... meh :(

Thanks given by:
Idk if this has been mentioned before,
most of the cheaters i would say are the new players looking to get even with the rest of the guys in those pubs.
I remeber on the console games there was always tips and tricks and cheats that you could get on a ex. magazine, so we just toke the password and unlocked a cheat on a game (non multiplayer games), the games were made that way, so you could have a little bit more fun. This was common, most of the games had locked cheats. This cheaters may not even be awear of what they're doing is wrong, or do not know they're actions will have consequences.

So i think a little warning on the startscreen (along with the map and author name) could help to make these guys less likelly to cheat. Lots of games have this feature.
Something like:
-YOU SHALL NOT CHEAT!
-Cheating is gay.
-Any attempt to cheat, exploit bugs or map glitches, impersonation or tag abuse might end up in a blacklisting!
-This game has ACAC (anti-cheat), there will be no mercy!
-Jamz is whatching you!
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 11, 05:34PM)macm Wrote: Something like:
-Cheating is gay.
-Jamz is whatching you!

-If you cheat you are gay, so Jamz is watching you!

(joke) :D

But yes, a little message on the startscreen should be a good idea.
Thanks given by:
What if a gay person decides to play AC?
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 11, 05:34PM)macm Wrote: -Any attempt to cheat, exploit bugs or map glitches, impersonation or tag abuse might end up in a blacklisting!

I think those two messages could pop up on the first run of that copy of AC.
Thanks given by:
or on every map loading screen. Also, I think it should be a bit more serious. I think Valve did a good job with this:
[Image: VAC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Look at that pansy-sized font. Bleagh! Put it in huge, all-caps letters that fill the screen, make them drip blood, and have a voice screaming the words!

Edit: And then show the puppy!
Thanks given by:
I for one enjoy seeing cheaters and their unique hacks :P
Although more so 1.0 -- I once played a custom map with a tall ceiling and one guy was like watching Spiderman cause he was jumping around really high. In addition, he had an aimbot so it was god_mode = 1 :P

I just wish when you kicked people there were stats displayed for that player:
e.g.
"Felix-The-Ghost called a vote:
Kick player trolololol -- reason: team_killer
trolololol's frags: -5"
or something since that's obviously horrible formating :P
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 11, 02:18AM)Orynge Wrote:
(18 Dec 11, 05:34PM)macm Wrote: -Any attempt to cheat, exploit bugs or map glitches, impersonation or tag abuse might end up in a blacklisting!

I think those two messages could pop up on the first run of that copy of AC.

I think they should get rid of might, and add will!
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 11, 05:03AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: "Felix-The-Ghost called a vote:
Kick player trolololol -- reason: team_killer
trolololol's frags: -5"
or something since that's obviously horrible formating :P
Not a bad idea, though in any decent server that score would never occur, but I get your point.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 11, 05:15AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Not a bad idea, though in any decent server that score would never occur, but I get your point.

Key word "decent."
Thanks given by:
Forums ingame.
Thanks given by:
inb4 "chat room with an fps built in"
Thanks given by:
Hmmmm yes AC was like that at the start and still is to some extent. What I would love to see is the ability to talk on IRCs while in AC or have Clan Chat rooms built into AC but I don't know C yet.... or at all.
Basically you could talk to a friend on another server or organise clan matches

Thanks given by:
Ability to Change the color of your name online and everyone can see.
Ingame voice chat. like press Q and talk through microphone.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 11, 12:55AM)Think3r Wrote: Ability to Change the color of your name online and everyone can see.
That could be highly abused; and what is wrong with everone being white?
Think3r Wrote:Ingame voice chat. like press Q and talk through microphone.
Another thing that could be abused by raciest trolls, with typing chat racism can be filtered out. With voice no chance, and /ignore would not work because few people understand how to do that.
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 11, 08:49AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: /editoneent 33 1 11 100 120 140

Edit ent # 33 to a lightsource with a radius of 11 and 100 120 140 as the rgb values. Please?
Thanks given by:
I suggested this on IRC yesterday.

No one has created a map yet that features the 'edge-jump' in any special way. This could be implemented in different ways, depending on how creative your mind is. Things off the top of my head were;
Having an armour placed on a ledge only accessible by edge jumping.
Having a path on the map where you can only jump to the otherside with the use of the edge jump, of course one could still AR jump over, however for other players there is this option.
Thanks given by:
I think each of the guns(Aside from the pistol) provide enough kickback to achieve the same thing.
Thanks given by:
Have autoteam off by default.
._.

* Nightmare makes up stats that autoteam takes up 43 mb's of the game's file size, causes lag, and dropped shots; since making up stats to help an arguement is popular these days.

People can shuffle and change teams on their own if needed. ,_,
Thanks given by:
I hate autoteam. You lead a gloriously fantastic team and then all of a sudden you are the nemesis of your former teammates.
Thanks given by:
I KNOW RIGHT
It's the devs way of trolling. :'(

Thanks given by:
Looks like autoteam goes by teampoints/points.
In a flag mode game this will not be correct as team with most flags win and not the one with most points.
Thanks given by: