Ideas
http://akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=559
It's a workaround, yeh.
You type /rewind 2 and it starts the demo over, then fast-forwards to two minutes prior to your typing that.
Or you can type /setmr 12 and it starts the demo over, then fast-forwards to the 12-minute-remaining mark.
Thanks given by:
a stand alone nade launcher (thumper or china lake) I figure you could just angle it just right to make it look like it was being shot out of a barrel?
Thanks given by:
How about a hit marker, to show when you've hit an opponent. This gets really annoying when I'm using Carbine, or Sniper.
Thanks given by:
As a workaround I've been using the Sauer hitsound in AC. It's a lot more noticeable.
Thanks given by:
So that was the sound I was hearing in your stream... I'll try it out :)
Thanks given by:
One of the things I've seen in Halo: Reach (and is probably in other games) that I really like is the ability to get revenge. We already have "COMBO" "COVERED THE FLAG" etc, so how 'bout a "REVENGE" message?
Thanks given by:
Ideas:
new kind of admin power : the admin that have power to kick people instantly only
Admin abuse detect: will kick admins if they ban/kick people with weird reasons ( Weird reasons can be edited by the server owner)
Bot Login: The bot can be login on the game and will NOT be kicked
Thanks given by:
Havn,t I seen this before?
Thanks given by:
Bugboy, they had that in 0.93. It was called "Master", but it was removed because too many people abused it..
Thanks given by:
* Prevent cube-corners on a heightfield from being too far from its adjacent cube-corners. (Basically, stop the heightfield glitches by putting a limit on how steep you can make a heightfield.) Maybe even filter older maps, too.

It would be a map restriction only complete nooblets would be upset with :)
Thanks given by:
^False... If it prevented you from changing after that point many coop editors would have to spend much longer making slopes.
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 02:59AM)Viper Wrote: ^False... If it prevented you from changing after that point many coop editors would have to spend much longer making slopes.

I was thinking more like how the map restrictions act- not effective until you actually try to load the map
Thanks given by:
The AC hitsound is annoying(and shows how some bullets that hit... fail to do damage ftw!)
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 12:48PM)Nightmare Wrote: The AC hitsound is annoying(and shows how some bullets that hit... fail to do damage ftw!)

IMO It makes you play worse if you have high latency
Thanks given by:
how do you think? :D on a spin player flashing avatar displaying emotions
[Image: 3b39fbbcd07f.jpg]
[Image: 7ffaae11fad2.jpg]
[Image: 29c32c2bc552.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 04:52PM)pufig Wrote: how do you think? :D on a spin player flashing avatar displaying emotions
du hast ein grosses maul
Thanks given by:
dude wat
Thanks given by:
I think he is suggesting that we add an emoticon option, where players can choose an emoticon which would be displayed on their body so people could see how they are feeling.
Thanks given by:
Because AssaultCube is a social network with an inbuilt FPS.

In other words, I don't think it belongs in this game.
Thanks given by:
Well have any of you ever gone into a public server and want to say something only to your friend. Like say your friend is on your team but teamchat won't work because you have other players on your team. AC should have an option of just sending a message to your friend. Like and when your message is sent it will be seen on other person's screen in Red writing or something like that.
[/align]
Thanks given by:
Also, I'd like a hit marker, for everytime a bullet hits, because using a damn carbine, or sniper, and not knowing if the bullet hit or not, is irratating, I also like bballn's idea

EDIT: Apparantly I already stated this, sorry.
Thanks given by:
I love how this thread is so big, that people are making suggestions that have already been made. :3
Thanks given by:
(20 Apr 11, 04:27AM)Duckett Wrote: Also, I'd like a hit marker, for everytime a bullet hits, because using a damn carbine, or sniper, and not knowing if the bullet hit or not, is irratating

Blood splatter is shown if it hits...
Thanks given by:
I just use the hitsound. If you are looking for something like flashing a red crosshair when you hit someone, that is possible to do with cubescript. I think someone said they were making a script like this, but I am not sure.
Thanks given by:
Is there a read-only command for hp that directly goes to the red crosshair when health is critical? Or is that in C++?
Thanks given by:
C++. The script uses pstat (ew, pstat in a recursive alias!).
Thanks given by:
(21 Apr 11, 03:11AM)Lantry Wrote: I just use the hitsound. If you are looking for something like flashing a red crosshair when you hit someone, that is possible to do with cubescript. I think someone said they were making a script like this, but I am not sure.

My crosshair is already red (red_dot).

Thanks given by:
* CubeScript command for popup messages

* Make spawn entities look something like this:
[Image: Red_Army.jpg]

* A special config file for changing the layout of the HUD, which would allow it to be modified and included with mod packages (hudlayout.cfg?)
Thanks given by:
-cubescript command to display an image on the screen, and be able to define the coordinates (xy position) and dimensions (width and height).

-show dead enemies as an X on the radar. If you can see your teammates position, you should be able to see when and where they kill an enemy.
Thanks given by:
For matches:
/pause Definition: Pauses game, no-one can move not even aim and time pauses. Only admin can vote this.
/resume Definition: Resumes game.

Spectators should not be allowed to type in public chat. It gets really annoying and frustrating when in game people are just just having a chat. They got team-chat so use it.
Thanks given by: