Ideas
I'd like a waterlevel command for a specific selection. The whole map being at the same level of water is pretty plain. And pleasepleaseplease a /deathlevel command, that you die if you go below? Maybe even death clip ents, that make you die if you walk into them? This would be useful for things like fire/spikes etc, and it would make gameplay much more interesting.
Thanks given by:
deathlevel would be helpful for pits of doom.
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 11, 09:26PM)Lantry Wrote:
(14 Mar 11, 07:20AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: Some new kinds of melee weapon. Around the same damage as a knife, but not so ordinary. Knuckledusters, some kind of finger armor, maybe. Hell, a baseball bat. ('You got struck out by CallMeChaotic'. Ha.)

Holy cow, way to write a book. Weapon mods for the knife should satisfy this desire.

As for pistols, i agree. at least add the revolver.

as for animated mapmodels, this already exists. ceiling fans, security cameras, and (i think) the computer monitor are all animated.

I gots ideas! :D
Mods only appear in one persons game. Online, it would look like I was coming at you with a knife. Which pretty much defeats the purpose. 'I'm using a bat, wish you could see it.'

PISTOLZ!!

Unfortunately, that's pretty much a complete list. A better thing to say, on my part, would have been 'More animated mapmodels'.

Thanks given by:
Probably won't ever happen due to the large amount of code that would probably be behind it but:

New, optional of course, arguments for things like /newent mapmodel - /newent clip, etc; to both rotate and tilt mapmodels, clips, etc. on certain axises. If it were to play well with the current "hold a number key and scroll" methods of mapping, it would be even better. :D

Also, stickied for ease of access, this was on my 2nd page.
Thanks given by:
- Could we have mapstartalways executed on newmap as well? :D

- CubeScript access to mapsize as a read-only variable (either ssize (64/128/256/512) or size level (6/7/8/9), we've got tools. ;-)
Thanks given by:
(15 Mar 11, 05:57PM)StRaTo Wrote: I'd like a waterlevel command for a specific selection. The whole map being at the same level of water is pretty plain.

The devs have already said no. It's too much for the engine.
Thanks given by:
Is it possible (and feasible) to store demos on a centralized server, much the same way some server owners already post them to external websites? If so an option to getdemo could be added, IP address and port of the server it was recorded on, and players wouldn't lag out at the beginning of matches because multiple people download the demo. It would get sent to the central servers, and only one transfer would be required for the game server.

To illustrate:
[Image: 76ddd1d2d9583dd9b61505773d00f393d22cf370...bd496g.jpg]

EDIT: You could even distribute the workload to volunteers or unused servers (considering there are on average three hundred of them hehe)
Thanks given by:
That may solve the problem of servers lagging due to mass demo downloading.
Individual clients may still experience a large amount of lag when downloading the demo.
Thanks given by:
(25 Mar 11, 05:44PM)V-Man Wrote: That may solve the problem of servers lagging due to mass demo downloading.
Individual clients may still experience a large amount of lag when downloading the demo.

Yes... It would add some convenience and solve some problems. Only take some away and create more at the same time :/ Blah.
Thanks given by:
New water subdivision for placid water and the option for map-specific subdivision settings set by the mapper. Similar to setting the fog/fogcolour values and not allowing players to mess with them.

I'd love to see a nice cave map with nearly-invisible glossy calm water.
Thanks given by:
Small idea, not necessary but may be nice....
Unique loading screens for official maps.
so instead of the normal black screen of death + "ac_whatever by whoever"
Maybe its like a nice screenshot of that map or something.
(Even though the loading screen takes 2-5 seconds...)
Thanks given by:
Y'know what would be funny?
Hitting tab and seeing " "BDSM" on map ac_douze" at the top of the score sheet. xD
God I'm an idiot....

Anywho, kill servers. Non-stop deathmatch, no time limit, on a 24-hour server. The purpose being to try to stay at the top of the list as long as possible.

Also, the ability to pistol whip people. As well as AR whip, SMG whip, shotty whip, knife whip, I want to press C and hit something damnit!

Is it possible to send private messages? That would be cool.

Okay, instead of new weapons, what about multiple models for the existing ones? And you can choose them with a menu on the first use.

Futuristic maps. I'm sick of deserts and factories and abandoned military installments. I WANNA BLOW YOU BRAINS OUT ON A FRAGGIN' SPACESHIP. But that might be just me.

Also, what if there were superpow-man, that spaceship comment sounded wrong. o.O

That cave thing sounds nice.

The rotation and tilt of mapmodels is a good idea too.

Map specific loading screens is a pretty cool idea too.

Well, that's my crap for the day.

Thanks given by:
Ahem...

How about we get rid of the bounce that occurs after you jump and your rifle happens to be pointing down?

I noticed this today as I was screwing around and killing people on a gema.
Thanks given by:
^ All GEMA players know how to fix that, just crouch before you land.
Thanks given by:
- "settex," a CubeScript-friendly texture-selecting tool.
settex 0 32
places the 32nd-defined texture on the selected floor, regardless of texture order as defined by edittex :-P
Thanks given by:
Getting rid of some of the redundancy in cubescript may help performance wise. e.g:

http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference...er_editing
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference...ap_editing * Note the duplicate $editing and $editmode variables

http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference...datestring
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference...timestring
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference..._timestamp * Note that datestring and timestring are nearly useless since scripters can create their own formatting with timestamp.

http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference...er_curmode
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference...r_gamemode * Duplicate variables again.

and so on...
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 07:33AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: Anywho, kill servers. Non-stop deathmatch, no time limit, on a 24-hour server. The purpose being to try to stay at the top of the list as long as possible.
Ladder

(26 Mar 11, 07:33AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: Is it possible to send private messages? That would be cool.
Ronald_Reagan was working on a server extension that allowed the admin too PM players. He has since then stopped working with server extensions however, if I'm correct.

(26 Mar 11, 07:33AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: Okay, instead of new weapons, what about multiple models for the existing ones? And you can choose them with a menu on the first use.
Install your own mods.

(26 Mar 11, 07:33AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: The rotation and tilt of mapmodels is a good idea too.
We can do that already.
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 09:48PM)eftertanke Wrote:
(26 Mar 11, 07:33AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: Is it possible to send private messages? That would be cool.
Ronald_Reagan was working on a server extension that allowed the admin too PM players. He has since then stopped working with server extensions however, if I'm correct.

Hehe, I did didn't I.
Yep, I had some trouble with atoi I believe.
Thanks given by:
Lots. I kept DCing whenever you tried haha.
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 10:02PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Yep, I had some trouble with atoi I believe.

Seriously?
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 10:10PM)tempest Wrote:
(26 Mar 11, 10:02PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Yep, I had some trouble with atoi I believe.

Seriously?

Yes? Did I sound like I was joking. It was spitting out a huge number from the char string.
Thanks given by:
You can't tilt models, you may only rotate them.
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 11:59PM)Mael Wrote: You can't tilt models, you may only rotate them.

My mistake.
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 07:46PM)V-Man Wrote: - "settex," a CubeScript-friendly texture-selecting tool.
settex 0 32
places the 32nd-defined texture on the selected floor, regardless of texture order as defined by edittex :-P

Along the same vein, /gettex x y to retrieve the texture value of the selected cube.
Thanks given by:
^ Ooh that will be very helpful +1.
Thanks given by:
different footstep sounds depending on what the player is walking on. for example, if they were walking on a "metal" texture, it would have a different sound than if they were walking on a "grass/dirt" texture.
I realize this wouldn't be that great of an improvement, and therefore probably be more trouble to implement than it is worth, but it was just something that popped into my head.

on a similar note, allowing mapmodels to play a noise when a player's model collides with them. currently, the only use for this that i could think of would be a rustling noise for some of the plant mapmodels, but I'm sure other people could come up with more.
Thanks given by:
Coloured names in the "kill feed" would be a good idea. Red for CLA, blue for RVSF and white for your own player.
Thanks given by:
I stand-by my spare panties idea :D You never know what will happen when an enemy scares the crap out of you around a corner!!
Thanks given by:
(27 Mar 11, 10:12PM)titiPT Wrote: I stand-by my spare panties idea :D You never know what will happen when an enemy scares the crap out of you around a corner!!

You would usually die...

But if you don't, you'll die soon anyway.
Thanks given by:
I think a gille suit player model would be amazing. Or a flak jacket? Or maybe even a ninja or samurai model lol
or a drunk hobo!
Thanks given by: